Paclitaxel injection is a viscous anticancer drug, derived from the bark of the Pacific yew tree. Paclitaxel belongs to the group of drugs called antineoplastic. Paclitaxel injection is primarily used to treat various advanced stage cancer of the breast,ovaries, Kaposi sarcoma and non-small cell lung cancer. It is type of cytoskeletal medication that targets tubulin, which are a type of globular proteins. The body cells that have defects in chromosome segregation, mitotic spindle assembly and cell division are treated Paclitaxel. Paclitaxel works by inhibiting the growth of cancer cells and by stabilizing the microtubule polymer. Paclitaxel injection should be administered under the supervision of an oncologists with experience in chemotherapy. Paclitaxel injection is used against some of the majormedical conditions-
- Bladder cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Throat cancer
- Non-small cell lung cancer
- Kaposi\'s sarcoma
- Stomach cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Fallopian tube cancer
Advantages of Paclitaxel injection such as immediate results, easy availability and better efficacy are some of the factors that are expected to drive the global Paclitaxel injection market. However, adverse effects such as allergy, leucopenia, blood clots, fever, diarrhea and weight loss are few drawbacksthat could hinder the growth of global Paclitaxel injection market. Moreover, stringent regulatory procedure could also act as the hindrance for the global market.
In the geographical perspective, North America is the largest market for Paclitaxel injection owing to the high incidence and prevalence rate of various cancers. The Asian-Pacific and European region arealso expected to be a potential markets for Paclitaxel injection owing to the increased number of cases of advanced stage cancer patients.
The companies involved in development and manufacturing of Paclitaxel injection are AbraxisBioScience Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Fresenius Kabi Oncology Ltd., Onco Therapies Ltd., Strides Arcolab Ltd., Sagent Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Novasep, amongst others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.