Microelectronic medical implant is any sort of medical device that involves microelectronic components and is placed inside the body of the patient to achieve the desired physiological response. The microelectronic medical implants market has come a long way since the introduction of the first pacemaker in the 1970s.
Some of the major products such as neurostimulators have derived their technology directly from that of pacemakers. Other devices such as drug infusion pumps have been developed on sensors-on-chip technology and miniaturization of mechanical components and circuitry of medical devices.
The global microelectronic implants market is estimated to generate multi-billion business in the next five years. Microelectronic medical technology evolving to be safe and with better efficacy and thus promises a huge market for commercialization of such devices across the globe. Several devices which are in the pipeline to be approved by the regulatory associations worldwide further enhance the market opportunities.
A variety of medical implants employ microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) technology and the scope of these devices is increasing as large-scale research and development in this technology is taking place. The major applications of microelectronic medical technology are in cardiac implants such as pacemakers and defibrillators, neurostimulators, spinal fusion stimulators, implantable drug pumps, hearing implants, eye implants and others.
Neurostimulators are used in a wide variety of implants such as in pain management implants, cochlear stimulators, drug delivery, and brain monitors in neurological disorders. Many such implants are asserted to be biocompatible with the human body so that they would last longer and their efficacy would not wane. The latest devices are so designed that they would dissipate minimal power.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
The major market players of this industry are medical device manufacturers such as Biomet, Inc., Cyberonics, Inc., Medtronic, Inc., St. Jude Medical, Inc., Sound Tec, Inc., Retina Implant AG, Abiomed, Inc. and others.