The global metal cans market is projected to reach $466 billion by the year 2017 driven by recovery in consumer spending patterns and innovative product designs along with technological advancements. Expansion in end use application market and increasing demand from emerging market is further driving the growth in market volumes. Metal cans market witnessed rapid growth in recent years due to technological advancements in can manufacturing and filling techniques. Improvements in can coatings and preservatives resulted in an important breakthrough that increased the popularity of metal cans in food and beverage packaging.
Despite of competitive pressures from alternative materials like plastics and paper, metal cans industry is growing continuously owing to packaging innovations, easy handling, and environment safety. While growing environmental concerns is triggering the technology advancements, consumer preferences are creating new growth opportunities. Availability of metal cans in various sizes indicates the growing trend for product differentiation as manufacturers try to achieve maximum product visibility on shelves to drive sales.
Development of high quality can graphics and novelty finishes are helping to attract consumers and achieve product differentiation. With successful incorporation of metal cans in beverage industry, these cans are now largely used in health and cosmetics industry. Growth of metal cans is however, more prominent in sports and health drink sectors and other categories like energy drinks, flavored water, juices, ice teas among others.
Based on Product
- • Aluminum Can
- • Steel Can
- • Bi-Metal Can
- • Aerosol Can
Based on Application
- • Beverage
- • Food
- • Other Application
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments and major geographies. Geographies analyzed under this research report include North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Rest of the World. This report provides comprehensive analysis of current market trends, market growth drivers, factors limiting market growth, market structure, and market projections for upcoming years. Report also provides analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model, and complete company profiles of top industry players. It includes review of micro and macro factors significant with respect to existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Some of the key players dominating this market are Alcoa Inc., Amcor Ltd., Ardagh Group SA, Ball Corp, BWay Holding Co., Clarcor Inc., Can-Pack SA, CPMC Holdings Ltd., Crown Holdings Inc., Huber Packaging GmbH & Co. KG, KingCan Holdings Ltd., Novelis Inc., Rexam PLC, Silgan Holdings Inc., and others.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- • This research report provides clear understanding of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead in the competition
- • It provides forward looking perspective on major market forces driving and restraining market growth
- • It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of industry trends
- • It provides technological growth map over time and explains its impact on industry
- • It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- • It provides complete analysis of major competitors and their strategies
- • It provides clear understanding of key product segments and competitive environment