Healthcare textiles are known as medical textiles. It is one of the rapidly growing sectors in the technical textile market. Textile materials for healthcare and medical products ranges from simple bandage materials or gauze to scaffolds for tissue repairing and a large variety of prostheses for body implants. Usage of medical textiles depends on their properties like flexibility, absorption, softness, filtering among others. Medical textiles can be classified as implantable materials, non-implantable materials, healthcare and hygiene products and extracorporeal products. Medical textiles find applications in medical and biological sectors. They are used for first aid, rehabilitation, hygienic purposes, or clinical purpose. Medical textiles are used for wound care, protecting the wound form infection, bandaging & pressure garment. Furthermore it is used for extra corporal and implantable material like art.
The burgeoning population is expected to be one of the primary drivers for the medical textile market. Furthermore, change in the standard of living and demographics are also expected to enhance the market growth. People are now practicing different methods of hygiene, using antiseptics for wound control among others Some of the restraining factors affecting the industry are high cost, lack of availability of raw materials, unawareness/ignorance of hygiene among people of developing nations.
Europe is one of the leading markets in the medical textile industry. U.K, France, Italy and Germany hold the larger segment of the market. North America follows Europe, while Asia Pacific is one of the emergent markets. Countries are now supporting and providing various schemes in order to promote the production and consumption of medical textile. One such scheme offered by the Govt. of India is the Technology Mission on Technical Textiles where the Govt. will be investing 200crs in this particular industry.
Principal manufacturers in the medical textile industry are Kimberly-clark Corporation, Beiersdorf India Pvt. Ltd, Johnson & Johnson, Honeywell International, Imedex Biomateriaux, among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends.
Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments