Fiber optics has been in use widely across various industries such as telecommunication, electronics and healthcare for many years for transferring data, imaging and illumination. The various advantages associated with the use of optical fibers include low power consumption, less expensive, light weight, increased flexibility and high carrying capacity. The use of fiber optics in healthcare has enabled medical professionals to carry out diagnosis and treatment of patients with ease and comfort. The most significant and prevalent uses of fiber optics in the healthcare include X-ray imaging, light therapy, ophthalmic lasers, lab and clinical diagnostics, surgical instrumentation, endoscopy and a wide range of other instruments and devices.
The medical fiber optics market can be segmented on the basis of their medical application such as diagnostic devices and surgical instrumentation. The diagnostic devices segment includes X-ray imaging, sensor diagnostic tools and others while surgical instrumentation comprises of fiberoptic lasers lights and surgical microscopy.
Some of the major drivers that have fuelled the growth of this market and are expected to continue further are increased applications in minimally invasive surgical procedures, demand for advanced diagnostic tools and instruments and increasing demand for fiber optics has led to miniaturization of devices. Growing use of optical fibers in bronchoscopes and laparoscopes has made them less invasive and increased visibility. Currently North America and Europe represent the largest markets for fiber optics due to high acceptance ratio in the medical community compared to other geographies because of advanced healthcare infrastructure. Asia-Pacific is forecast to grow rapidly in the coming years under the impact of growing economy leading to better healthcare access, technical awareness to the doctors and because major players operating in this market are focusing on these regions as their business strategies.
Some of the major companies engaged in the development, manufacturing and sales of fiber optics to the healthcare companies are CardioGenesis Corporation, Coherent Incorporation, American Medical System, Applied Fibroptics, Sunoptic Technologies, Laserscope, IPG Photonics Corporation, Trimedyne Incorporation and Biolite AG.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments