Parenteral formulations are sterile liquid or solid dosages (powder) packaged in either single or multi dose containers. Intended for administration by injection or infusion, parenteral preparations provide maximum bioavailability and efficacy than the oral dosage forms. Largely, parenteral preparations are classified based on their volume into small and large volume parenteral formulations. Small volume parenteral preparations are 100 ml or less and can be prepared as single dose or multiple dose product. On the other hand, large volume parenteral (LVP) preparations are more than 100 ml solutions intended to be used as single dose intravenous infusions. Commonly used large volume parenteral formulations include intravenous infusions of amino acid, dextrose, mannitol, ringer’s injection, lactated ringer injection and sodium chloride injection.
The therapeutic goal of IV infusion is to provide electrolytes, body fluids and nutrition as a part of maintenance and replacement therapy. Based on this understanding, the large volume parenteral market is analyzed through three categories namely, injections for fluid balance, therapeutic injections and nutritious injections. Fluid balance injection administer electrolytes to traumatic patients and those in need of electrolytes such as potassium, sodium and chloride. Therapeutic injections widely cater to vaccines, anti-infective, oncology, diabetes and gastrointestinal drug administration. Intake of nutrition by unconscious and unhealthy patients is essential for recovery and hence they are administered effectively through IV infusion.
Increasing rate of hospitalization and surgeries is one of the essential driving factors for LVP preparations. Also, rise in demand for more effective, faster and safer drug administration in patients undergoing surgeries will drive the demand for large volume parenteral preparations. The advent for single dosage in diabetes, oncology, vaccines and central nervous system disorders will further fuel the market for large volume parenteral preparations.
Some of the key players in this market include Kelun Pharma, Otsuka Pharmaceutical, Patheon Inc., Wockhardt Ltd., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, Baxter Healthcare Corporation, BAG Healthcare GmbH, Cook Pharmica LLC, Hospira, Inc. and Southwest Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments