Isosorbide is a white heterocyclic solid derivative of glucose, commonly used in medical applications and has also been tried and tested as a bio-feedstock. Isosorbide as a medical ingredient functions as a diuretic and is used in the treatment of diseases such as glaucoma and hydrocephalus. Isosorbide derivatives such as dinitrates and mononitrates are useful in treating coronary artery diseases such as angina pectoris.
Isosorbide dinitrate is one of the main ingredients of anti-hypertension drugs as well. It is also used as an additive in polymers to increase rigidity and toughness of materials. Major applications of isosorbide include those in biodegradable plastics, elastomer used in liquid crystal displays, pharmacy, farm chemicals, fodder, and in many other fields. Biodegradable plastics and pharmaceuticals are expected to be the largest application segments of this market.
Some of the major drivers for the isosorbide market are their increasing use in polymers and elastomers, and as farm fodder additives. With Asia-Pacific economies growing by leaps and bounds, it is also expected that the region would be a major factor boosting the sales of isosorbide in its various application segments.
One of the major factors restraining the growth of this market are potential side-effects such as headaches and other discomforts due to continued usage of these chemicals in medicinal applications and the regulations governing the sale of the material being
different in various regions in the world.
Some of the major players in the isosorbide manufacturing market are companies such as ADM, Roquette, Jinan Hongbaifeng Industry, and Trade Co., Ltd among some others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.