The global home medical equipment consumption pattern will depend on demographic and epidemiological development. Increased efforts in the fight against chronic illnesses such as respiratory diseases, kidney disorders, and cancer will boost the demand for home therapeutic devices. Products such as portable oxygen concentrators, continuous positive airway products, ventilators, and other accessories will undergo the fastest growth in sales in this market. Increasing numbers of baby boomers and an increase in the population of aged people on a global scale will also assist in the growth of this market.
Development in the convenience in handling and usage of these equipments due to the increase in chronically ill patients will create a rapid increase in demand. The home IV devices segment will also experience upward growth as intense control in outpatient visits and shorter hospital stays will lead to an increase in the number of cancer and other chronic disease patients to be administered parenteral nutrition, and other therapeutic
modalities at home.
It is estimated that the U.S. will be the largest market for home medical equipments owing to its wide base of home healthcare equipment providers, good reimbursement policies, better healthcare infrastructure and high healthcare expenditure. Moreover, the recent changes in the healthcare industry due to ‘Obamacare’ will also boost the demand for such equipment, since almost 30 million uninsured Americans will now enjoy medical coverage.
Emerging economies such as the BRIC countries will be the fastest growing market for such products as the economic condition of such countries is rapidly improving. On the other hand, the already developed markets of Europe, Canada, Japan, Australia, and South Korea will show fair demand for therapeutic, monitoring, and support products as the sales levels in these markets will rise.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Some of the major market players in the global home medical equipments segment are Abbott Laboratories, Animas Corporation, Baxter International Incorporated, Cardinal Health Incorporated, Fresenius Medical Care AG & Company KGaA, Drive Medical Design & Manufacturing, Hospira Incorporated, and Stryker Corporation.