Infusion therapy refers to the administration of medications through needles and catheters. These procedures are usually performed when oral medication treatments are not effective on the patients. Home infusion therapies are those infusion therapies that can be taken by the patient at home, upon prescription by a physician. Home infusion therapies are taken either through intravenous (IV) routes into the bloodstream or a tube placed in the patient’s intestine or stomach.
Various drug therapies are performed at home including pain management, parenteral nutrition, antibiotics and IVIG therapy. In addition, insulin home infusion therapy is also performed; it is the most widely used home infusion therapy. Pain killers and IVIG account for the major market shares after insulin. IVIG can be allowed to be administered to a patient after the diagnosis of congestive heart failure, neurological disorders and immune disorders. Home infusion therapy requires administrative services, pharmacy services, patient educating and training, equipments, care coordination and supplies.
Change in lifestyle will boost the growth of home infusion therapy market. In addition, increase in diabetic population and reduction in treatment cost will also trigger the growth of this market. Many complicated medical conditions and illnesses can be treated with these infusion therapies which will reduce the hospital stay, and hence reduce the cost of treatment as well. Home infusion therapies are safer since the administration of the drugs is observed by physicians. This will also augment the growth of this market. Reimbursement policies of various public and private firms will also boost the growth of this market.
Despite all these, sometimes overdosage of medications may cause hazardous conditions which may hinder the growth of this market. The major players operating in this market include Abbott Laboratories, Stryker Corporation, Continuum Rx, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Eli Lilly and Company, among other significant players.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends.
Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments