Gas meters are the flow meters which measure the volume of fuel gases for example natural gas and propane. Smart meters record a location’s gas consumption regularly and transfer these records to the utility control center regularly over a communication network. Useful information such as gas consumption, gas pressure can be captured for analysis in order to check status of the gas network.
The usage of smart meters will help improve leak detection and will also control water losses. Theft prevention is possibly more important for gas than for electricity because theft of gas is more dangerous than stealing electricity. Peak-demand reduction is one of the important drivers for electricity companies. However, since gas utilities have the elasticity to store up energy by changing the gas pressure in the pipes, peak demand is not much of a concern. Gases are much more difficult to measure when compared to liquids, since measured volumes are affected by the pressure and temperature. Gas meters measures a defined volume, despite of pressurized quality or quantity of the gas which flows through the meter. Gases are much more difficult to measure compared to liquids, since measured volumes are affected by the pressure and temperature. Gas meters measure a defined volume, despite of pressurized quality or quantity of the gas which flows through the meter.
Gas meters are used in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings that consume fuel gas supplied by a gas utility. Several different designs of gas meters are in common use, depending on the volumetric flow rate of gas to be measured, the range of flows anticipated, the type of gas being measured and other factors. The governmental regulations drive the European market and continue to drive smart gas meter market. The market for smart meters with gas has also been driven by investment in it along with the addition of new technologies in communications modules to existing gas meters.
Some of the key players in the gas meter market are GE Energy Company, Elster Group, and Sensus USA Inc (U.S.).
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments