Gallium nitride (GaN) is a very hard material with a crystal structure and due to its special properties it is used in high frequency and high power devices such as modules, electronic equipments, packages, and other similar devices. Gallium nitride has special properties such as high thermal conductivity and a high heat capacity.
The gallium nitride semiconductor devices market is largely driven by its increasing applications across industrial, power, solar, and wind sectors. Increasing automotive industry and wireless infrastructure has redefined the usage of such devices. There is a vast market for GaN power semiconductors, which is the major driver for this growth. The rising application of GaN in RF power electronics successfully, and emergence of new technologies are some of the key growth drivers for this market.
The market is facing some inhibitors due to health, safety, and environmental aspects. The dust of gallium nitride causes irritation to the eyes, skin, and the lungs as well. This market is also facing stiff competition from SiC in high voltage semiconductor applications. There is a huge opportunity in electric and hybrid electric devices for the gallium nitride semiconductor market since it is an indispensable ingredient. The market is facing costlier industry processes, which is a burning issue for this market.
The market can be segmented based on applications and by technology.
- IV-IV GaN Semiconductor devices (GaN & silicon)
- DC-DC & AC-DC converters,
- GaN & SiC-based devices
- III-V SiC semiconductor devices (GaN & AlN)
- UPS systems & inverters
- Computer Sector
- ICT Sector
- Automotive Sector
- Aerospace and defense sector
Some of the major companies in this sector are Fujitsu Limited, GAN Systems Incorporated, Freescale Semiconductor Incorporated, Efficient Power Conversion Corporation, International Rectifier Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V., Renesas Electronics Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, Texas Instruments Incorporated, International Quantum Epitaxy plc, Nichia Corporation, Cree Incorporated, RF Micro Devices Incorporated, and ROHM Company Limited.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments