Drug and alcohol screening tests focuses on providing vital protection of public and employee safety. Drug and alcohol screening testsreducesthe risk of human injury and property damage as well as help organizations to establish a strong and safe culture. Now-a-days various organizations are increasingly opting for employee drug and alcohol screening for prevention of occupational hazards atthe workplace; that may occur due to the use of recreational drugs and alcohol. Drug and alcohol screening is also helpful in pre-employment assessment. The use of illicit drugs amongst a workforce can have serious impact on the production and morale of an organization. Also, the use of illicit drugs and alcohol are the primary causes behind most of the road accidents, as a result
transportation departmentshave laid stringent laws against the use of drugs and alcohol while driving. There are various types of drug and alcohol screening services/tests amongst which the most used tests are as follows-
- Oral fluid/saliva drug and alcohol screening test
- Urine drug screening test
- Breath alcohol screening test
- Emergency/after-hours screening test
- Mobile drug and alcohol testing
- Hair analysis
- Sweat drug screening test
- Random drug screening
- Sweat screening test
- Blood drug and alcohol screening test
Drug and alcohol screening is advisable under the following circumstances-
Pre-employment, to ensure that the individual is free of drug or alcohol addiction so that the person meets the organization’s drug policies
Post-accident drug and alcohol screening tests are imperative to identify the cause of accident
Reasonable suspicion, if at any point of time the organization suspects that an employee might be using drugs or alcohol and is violating the company’s drug policy; then at that point of time, drug and alcohol screening test may be required to confirm the suspicion
Random drug and alcohol testing, without prior notification would be beneficial to identify the drug addicts.
Factors such as stringent transportation and company drug policies using screening tests would help to curb the elicit use of drug and alcohol. These regulations would consequently boost the growth of screening tests market. Moreover, growing trend of younger generation towards use of drug and alcohol is expected to trigger the demand for advanced screening tests in near future.
Geographically, North America is the largest market for drug and alcohol screening servicesowing to the increased prevalence rate of drug abuse. The Asian-Pacific region is also expected to be a potential market for drug and alcohol screening servicesowingto high usage of alcohol among the population.
The companies involved in the development of various drug and alcohol screening products are Abbott Laboratories, Alere Inc., Beckman Coulter/Danaher, BioMerieux, Bio-Rad, Biomedical Diagnostics, CannAmm Occupational Testing Services, Dako, DiaSorin, Eiken, Fujirebio and Synergy Health PL.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments