Dental compressors pressurize atmospheric air for use in a number of dental procedures. Compressed air quality depends upon the inlet air and what the compressor includes in it. In most of the dental compressors, the unit includes a dryer to remove moisture. The two types of common dryers are desiccant and membrane.
Based on compressed air dryer, the dental compressors market is segmented as follows:
- Dessicant dryer: These dryers are also known as regenerative desiccant dryers. The compressed air moves through a chamber filled with dessicant, which adsorbs the moisture, reducing the air dew point.
- Membrane dryer: Membrane dryers pass through a membrane material and removes water vapour through compressed air. These compressors are reliable, quiet and require no electricity to operate.
- Refrigerated dryer: Refrigerated air dryer removes moisture from the air with the help of a heat exchanger. The heat exchanger cools the air so that the vapour condenses into water.
Based on type, the dental compressors market is segmented as follows:
- Oil-free compressor: Oil-free compressors are less expensive and lighter in weight and they do not need any sort of lubrication. In oil-free compressors, the cylinder is pre-lubricated, usually with Teflon, for permanent lubrication. The Teflon coating protects the pump. However, oil-free compressors tends to get dry when the Teflon starts wearing out as there is no constant maintenance due to the compressors being pre-lubricated.
- Oil lubricated compressor: Oil lubricated air compressor are more expensive and much heavier in weight. These compressors are much less noisy as they are lubricated well enough and last several times longer.
Geographically, the dental compressors market can be segmented into four major regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). North America holds a leading position in the dental pain market followed by Europe. The major driving factors for the growth of the dental compressors market in these regions are increasing demand for a number of dental procedures such as braces, crowns and caps, dentures, filling, bonding, etc. coupled with rising prevalence of oral diseases. Furthermore, consumption of unhealthy products (for instance, tobacco), certain sedentary habits such as cigarette smoking and rapidly growing awareness towards personal dental hygiene is also driving the market growth. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, advanced gum disease affects 4% - 12% of U.S. adults each year. Another estimation made by the World Health Organization, 60% – 90% of school children and nearly 100% of adults have dental cavities. Hence, all these factors are collectively driving the demand for dental compressors. Asia Pacific is one of the most lucrative markets for the growth of dental compressors market and is developing at a rapid rate. The factors which will accentuate the growth of this market in Asia Pacific are increasing population with oral health problems, higher purchasing power due to extensive economic reforms, rising disposable incomes and government initiatives in countries such as China and India.
Various medical devices companies are constantly trying to come up with novel dental compressors for various dental procedures. Some of the top major players operating in the dental compressors market are Kaeser Dental, Midmark, Metasys, DÜRR DENTAL AG, Gnatus, Mestra, Air Techniques, Inc., Cattani S.p.A., Ritter Dental USA, Diplomat Dental Solutions and Fedesa and others.
This research report analyzes this market on the basis of its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a six-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments