Cryopreservation is the process of preserving cells or complete tissues that are susceptible to damage caused by chemical reactivity and harmful enzymatic activity. This process is accomplished by keeping these materials at sub-zero temperatures wherein the activity of chemicals and enzymes stops. This process is performed in an apparatus known as cryopreservation equipment. Cryopreservation equipment include drystore freezers, mechanical freezers, cryopreservation freezers, cryopreservation vials, incubators and stem cell research laboratory equipment. These equipment parts help in completing the process of cryopreservation by providing stable cryogenic storage for biological specimens. The ultra low temperatures attained using these equipment is maintained by the use of certain amount of liquid nitrogen.
Increase in research and study of stem cells would augment the growth of cryopreservation equipment. In addition, increase in funding for these studies and research of stem cells would also trigger the growth of this market. In 2013, the government of Japan funded around USD 1.12 billion for stem cell studies. Moreover, advancement in technologies may also boost the growth of this market. Medical experts are becoming increasingly inclined towards the use of bioengineered products, which are more compatible with the human body. Increase in drug manufacturing through stem cells will also enhance the growth of this market. Recently, stem cells proved to be helpful in treating spinal muscular atrophy. It has been reported that in 2013, around 30,000 kids in the U.S. suffer from spinal muscular atrophy. Stem cell-based drugs would help in curing such complex diseases, which would again support the growth of this market.
Despite all these advantages, improper handling of these equipment may lead to severe injuries due to solutes. This may hinder the growth of the market since it is a major safety concern. In addition, use of intense solution of salts may sometimes behave as a toxic material, which would also hamper the growth of this market. The major players operating in the cryopreservation equipment market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Barber Nichols, Inc., Charter Medicals Ltd., Linde Gas Cryoservices B.V and Genesearch, among other significant players worldwide.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends.
Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments