Chromium is a lustrous steel-colored brittle but hard chemical. It exhibits high gloss, high melting point, excellent resistance to corrosion and is highly resistant to tarnishing. Chromium can combine with other metals to form a number of metal compounds. For instance, ferrochromium and chromium metal are produced by the aluminothermic or silicothermic reactions. Chromium is used in a wide range of applications including metallurgy, dye and pigment, wood preservation, tanning, refractory material, catalysts and magnets among others. Majority of chromium is converted into ferrochromium alloys, due to its high demand in stainless steel and alloy industries.
Rapid industrialization in emerging economies such as China, Brazil and India is expected to be one of the primary factors driving the demand for chromium in various industrial activities and processes over the next few years. In addition, the growing demand for stainless steel in various applications such as household goods, consumer goods and electronics due to its light weight, glossy luster and high resistance to corrosion, is expected to augment the demand for chromium over the next six years. However, the fluctuating cost of chromium and the increasing costs of mining are expected to hamper the growth of the market. Rising demand for chromium in BRICS is expected to open new opportunities for the growth of the market in the near future.
South Africa, Kazakhstan and India are the leading producers of chromium and supply over three fourth of the world’s demand. Rising industrial activities in Asia Pacific is expected to drive the demand for chromium in this region and is expected to be the fastest growing market in the forecast period. Other developing regions such as South America and Africa are expected to witness a substantial growth in the chromium market over the next few years.
Some of the key participants of the global chromium market include Norilsk Nickel, Cia De Ferro Ligas Da Bahia, Aquarius Platinum, African Rainbow Minerals, Assore, Lonmin, Anglo American Platinum, Merafe Resources and GlencoreXstrata among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments