Cell analysis is defined as the study of cells isolated from tissues in multi-cellular organisms and uni-cellular organisms. Cell analysis is a natural step in the reductionist approach to study genetical as well as phonotypical characteristics of the organism. The average response of the cells in cell culture or tissue is considered as response of the entire cell in the sample. Therefore, the effect of cell number on cell behavior is often ignored due to difficulties in monitoring such phenomena. For example dynamic study of single living cell helps in understanding the interconnecting molecular events which are continuously taking place in the cell. Cell analysis is a basically done for cell identification, cell proliferation, cell viability, cell signaling, single cell analysis, cell counting and quality control, cell structure study and cell interaction. Instruments which are used for cell analysis include:
- Cell counting instruments: Various instruments are used for counting the cells in the cell sample or cell culture including counting chamber, spectrophotometer, flow cytometer and microscopes
- Microscopes: Microscopes are used for studying phonotypical characters such as shape and size of the cell. Microscopes such as transmission electron microscope and scanning electron microscope are majorly used for precise examination of small cells
- Flow cytometer: Flow cytometer are the instruments used for cell cycle analysis. The technique helps in studying the different phases involved in cell cycle
- Spectrophotometer: Spectrophotometers are used for cell analysis due to their property of measuring turbidity very accurately as cell cultures are turbid
- qRT-PCR: Quantitative reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR) is a quantitative PCR technique used to quantify the amount of cDNA in a cell sample
- Cell microarrays: Cellular microarrays are the tools used for multiplex interrogation of living cells on the solid support surface. This support is known as chip and this chip is spotted with various materials such as antibodies, lipids or proteins, these materials interact with cell leading to their binding on specific spots, the cell is then analyzed for phenotypical characters and response of the cell on binding.
The market for cell analysis is increasing at faster pace from recent years due to increasing hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, research and development institutions and educational institutes. Cell analysis instruments provide accuracy in results of cell imaging and analysis system which helps in reducing the time period and cost involved in drug delivery and other research and development activities. Significant technological innovations and continuous improvement in market of cell analysis instruments is also major reason for increasing market.
The global cell analysis market by instrument is dominated by Europe followed by North America. The major factors which are driving the growth of cell analysis market by instrument in increasing incidence of cancer disease, chronic and infectious disease, funding by corporate and government sectors in research and development, improved image analysis products and enhanced informatics solution. Market of Asia-Pacific is also growing at faster pace for cell analysis market by instruments due to the growing interest of government bodies towards healthcare sector in countries such as India, China, Malaysia and Japan. The major key players in the market include Agilent Technologies, Inc, Danaher Corporation, Merck KGAA, Perkinelmer, Inc., Sigma-Adrich Corporation, Thermo-Fischer Scientific, Inc., Promega Corporation, Olympus Corporation, GE Healthcare and Beckton, Dickinson and Company.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.