Cardiac Assist Devices (CAD) are type of mechanical pumps that work along with the heart to improve its pumping efficiency and maintain the optimum blood flow throughout the body. Cardiac Assist Devices can be segmented in three types ventricular assist devices, intra-aortic balloon pumps (IABPs) and total artificial heart. Ventricular assist device (VAD) is a mechanical pump which takes blood from a lower chamber of the heart and pumps it to the body and vital organs. Ventricular devices are of two types right ventricular assist device (RVAD), left ventricular assist device (LVAD) and if both the ventricular assist devices are used they’re known as biventricular assist device (BIVAD). Intra-aortic balloon pump is a type of CAD device which increases myocardial oxygen perfusion and cardiac output at the same time. Total artificial heart is a device which replaces the lower chambers of heart and recovers failing heart by performing all functions of a normal heart.
Cardiac assist devices market is expected to be driven by global aging population and increase in cardiovascular diseases. A another factor responsible for market growth of this market is lack of donor hearts for transplantation leading to increase in cardiac assist devices implantations in patients with severe heart complications. In future technological advancements and more efficient and minimally invasive devices are expected to drive the market.
North America is the leading markets for Cardiac Assist Devices (CAD) because of highest heart failure cases diagnosed, technological development, high patient awareness and reimbursement coverage for CAD implantation procedures. Europe is the second largest market following North Amercia with second largest highest prevalence for cardiac diseases and increase in population exceeding 60 - 65 years of age group. Asia Pacific and Rest of the World are the regions including China, India, Brazil, Russia and South Africa has significantly large number of underserved patients suffering with cardiac diseases hence represented as future attractive markets for CAD.
Some of the key players of Cardiac Assist Devices (CAD) market are Berlin Herat GmbH, ABIOMED, Inc., MAQUET GmbH & Co. KG, Thoratec Corporation, Teleflex Incorporated, HeartWare International, Inc. and SynCardia Systems, Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments