C-reactive protein (CRP) is an immunoprotein synthesized in liver, and plays an important role in the activation of the complement system. CRP is expressed in very low levels under normal conditions, but increases 1,000 fold within 24 hours of infection or tissue damage. Main causes of increased CRP levels include trauma, infection, inflammatory arthritis, and certain types of cancers. Recent research has found that the level of CRP may rise in cases of arteriosclerosis in which damaged blood vessel walls initiate an inflammatory response. This research has received great attention and now used in monitoring cardiovascular diseases.
Consistent research and development in the field of biotechnology has made processes more specific and hence efficient. Newer test called high sensitivity C-reactive protein test (hs-CRP) was developed which is more sensitive as compared to standard CRP test. The hs-CRP test can measure CRP levels in mg/L of blood. According to an article published online on The Wall Street Journal, in 2012, the test has been endorsed by American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology.
The World Health Organization (WHO) states that annually around 17 million people die due to cardiovascular diseases globally. In another data published by European Cardiovascular Disease Statistics, cardiovascular disease (CVD) causes 47% of all the mortalities in Europe. Similar conditions exist in other parts of the world, where early diagnosis of cardiac disorders can reduce mortality rates. CRP tests may also be advised in cases of autoimmune diseases, osteomyelitis, post-surgery infections and stroke. Strokes has also become a concern where around 1.1 million stroke survivors live in U.K. alone according to Stroke Association, U.K. Due to wide scope of application, large target population and increasing health awareness across the globe, the market for C-reactive proteins testing is expected to grow rapidly.
As the cost per test ranges from 15 to 25 USD, market is expected to be primarily driven by volume of tests performed. Thus better market penetration is expected to boost the market for CRP testing. Various ELISA, immunoturbidimetric, and chemiluminescence immunoassay (CLIA) based assays are currently available for diagnostic purpose. Some of the major players in this market include Randox, Roche Diagnostics, Life Technologies, and EMD Millipore.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments