Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or benign prostatic hypertrophy, is a urological disorder that involves proliferation of the cellular components of the prostrate. BPH is the most common form of neoplasm in men. BPH results in the formation of large nodes and nodules in the periurethral region of the prostate. The significantly large nodules compresses the urethral canal that causes to partial or complete urinary tract obstruction which inhibits the normal flow of urine. Obstruction in the urinary tract further leads to complications such as urinary retention, urinary tract infections and urinary hesitancy.
Some of the medical therapies used for the treatment of BPH are as follows:
- 5- Alpha-reductase inhibitors (5-ARIs)
- Alpha-Adrenergic Blockers
- Phosphodiesterase-5 Enzyme Inhibitors
- Anticholinergic Agents
- Nonselective alpha-blockers
Some of the surgical interventions used of the treatment of BPH are as follows:
- Holmium Laser Resection of the Prostate (HoLRP)
- Open prostatectomy
- Photoselective vaporization of the prostate (PVP)
- Transurethral holmium laser ablation of the prostate (HoLAP)
- Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP)
- Transurethral vaporization of the prostate (TUVP)
- Transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP)
Geographically, North America is the leading market due to high prevalence rate of benign prostatic hyperplasia and lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS). Various studies reports that 90% of men in the U.S., aged between 45 and 80 years suffer from some type of LUTS and approximately 14 million men in the U.S. have symptoms of BPH. Asia-Pacific is also expected to witness a significant growth due to the rise in various urological disorders and complications. However, BPH tends to be more progressive in African-American men owing to the presence of high testosterone level in their body.
Rise in geriatric population is expected to be one of the major driver that might drive the market. Additionally, increased awareness for prostate cancer and other urological disorders, are also expected to fuel the growth of the global BPH therapeutics market. However, high adoption rate of minimally invasive surgeries such as transurethral microwave thermotherapy (TUMT), laparoscopic prostatectomy and transurethral needle ablation (TUNA) might impede the growth of the BPH therapeutics market.
Some of the key players in the benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) therapeutics Market are AEternaZentaris Inc., Astellas Pharma Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, EndoCeutics, Inc., IntelGenx Technologies Corp., Ipsen S.A., Nymox Pharmaceutical Corporation, Protox Therapeutics Inc. and Quest PharmaTech Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.