Body contouring is a surgical procedure that involves alteration of the body parts such as torso, upper arms, thighs, buttocks, and chest with an intention to improve the overall appearance of the body. This is more effective for those who already have gone through massive weight loss and want to get rid of excess skin and remaining fats from their body. The various body contouring procedures available are body lift, bra line back lift, body fat transfer, implants and abdominal etching. Body lift is a common body contouring surgical procedure meant to remove the sagging skin and excess fat from the abdomen, thighs and the buttocks. Body fat transfer involves the transfer of fat from one place of the body to another place of the body in order to augment it. To carry out these procedures various medical devices are used such as fat reduction devices (liposuction devices) and skin tightening devices (skin tightening hand pieces).
The body contouring devices market is segmented into non-invasive devices, minimally invasive devices and invasive devices. Non-invasive devices comprise of radio frequency lipoplasty devices and high intensity focused ultrasound lipoplasty devices. Minimally invasive devices include laser assisted lipolysis devices and radio frequency assisted liposuction devices while ultrasound assisted liposuction devices are examples of invasive devices. Major players operating in this market are Cynosure, Meridian Co. Ltd., Syneron Medical Ltd., Lumenis, Alma Lasers, Ltd. and Palomar Medical Technologies.
The market for body contouring devices will continue to evolve globally led by burgeoning obesity rates, increased aesthetic consciousness, consumer awareness of procedures and introduction of non-invasive and minimally invasive procedures. On the other hand high treatment cost and reimbursement policy excluding aesthetic procedures may hinder the growth of this market up to some extent. Globally North America represents the largest market due to large population of baby boomers concerned about their looks and higher prevalence of obese people, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. The market is expected to grow at compounded annual growth rate in double digit in the emerging markets such as China, India, Brazil and Mexico due to rising disposable income, adoption of technically advanced procedures and increasing desires to look good.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments