Blood comprises of red blood cells, white blood cells, plasma and platelets. Sometimes, people might be affected with different types of blood disorders and blood cancers due to aging, infections, exposure to certain chemicals, smoking, genetic disorders and other factors. Hence, the category of blood disorders is wide and numerous types of diseases fall under it. There are three main types of cancer that affect blood namely leukemia which affects the bone marrow and is caused by abnormal production of white blood cells. Myeloma is a type of blood cancer that affects plasma cells whereas lymphoma is a cancer that affects the lymphatic system. The diseases that affect white blood cells are mainly lymphoma and leukemia and anemia, sickle cell anemia and polycythemia diseases are mainly affecting red blood cells. Diseases such as heparin, thrombocytopenia and essential thrombocytosis affect the platelets found in blood and hemophilia and sepsis affect blood plasma.
Hematological cancers represent a significant problem globally. Every year more than 100,000 cases of blood cancers are diagnosed in United States and more than 50,000 people die from such cancer cases. Many specific therapies for the treatment of cancers have been developed that include biologics and small-molecule drug therapies. Leukemia accounts for the ninth most common occurring cancer in males across the globe. Leukemia market is segmented into four types that include acute lymphocytic leukemia, chronic lymphocytic leukemia, acute myeloid leukemia, and chronic myeloid leukemia. Thus, with the rise in number of cancer cases the market in future is projected to grow.
Drugs such as Sprycel, Arranon, Clolar, Gleevec, Quizartinib, Marqibo, and Tasigna are the major drugs available for the treatment of leukemia. The blood diseases treatment drugs market is witnessing competition among the players with drugs in pipeline for early diagnosis and treatment of blood disorders.
Some of the key players in the blood disease treatment drugs market include Novartis International AG, Celgene Corporation, Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, Ambit Bioscience and other major players.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments