Bio-succinic acid is derived from plant and animal tissue and acts as a substitute for petroleum based succinic acid. It can also be a substitute for maleic anhydride used in the production of several commodity chemicals such as 1, 4-butanediol (BDO). The application areas of Bio-succinic acid include bio-plastics, resins, surfactants, coatings, lycra fiber, bio-polymers and pharmaceuticals.
The possible applications areas of bio-succinic acid are polyurethanes, chemical intermediates bioplastics, solvents, and plasticizers. It is anticipated that the demand for bio-succinic acid will grow strongly in these application areas from 2012 to 2018. Use of genetically engineered bacterial strains for the production of bio-succinic acid is considered an economically attractive and eco-friendly alternative compared to petrochemicals. The market is expected to grow at a double digit rate from 2012 to 2018.
Increase in the popularity of bio-based and renewable chemicals is driving chemical companies to invest in the development and expansion of existing production facilities for bio-based succinic acid. Cost competitiveness of bio-succinic acid compared to petrochemical based succinic acid will fuel the demand for bio-succinic acid. The growing demand for biodegradable plastic is expected to drive the demand for bio-succinic acid.
The growing need for green substitutes, replacement of butane based maleic anhydride, and improvement in bio-refining processes are some of the opportunities for the growth of the bio-succinic acid market. Still there are a number of factors impacting succinic acid manufacturers which they need to overcome in pursuing the commercial benefits of bio-succinic acid. Moreover, the production of bio-succinic acid results into significant byproducts with a lower yield, which usually require costly separation and utilize feedstocks that compete with the food supply.
Presently many chemical companies such as BASF and Purac, DSM and France\'s Roquette Frères, Myriant, BASF and CSM, BioAmber and Mitsui, Mitsubishi, Ajinomoto, Reverdia are entering into partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions so as to enter into the bio-succinic market .Commercially viable embryonic bio-succinic acid technologies are attracting partnership and investments from the major players in the plastics industry.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments