Apheresis, also called as hemapheresis and pheresis is a procedure which involves withdrawal of blood from a donor and separation and retention of its components such as plasma, platelets, leukocytes, and others. Thereafter, the remaining components are transfused back into the donor.
Thus therapeutic apheresis is a procedure of separation of blood into its components and also includes removal of abnormal components. The overall apheresis market is classified from the perspective of donor apheresis and therapeutic apheresis.
Increase in health awareness, development in healthcare services in the emerging economies, and an increase in the life expectancy in the developed nations are the major drivers contributing to the growth of the apheresis market worldwide. On the other hand, lack of development of inexpensive apheresis treatment, especially in the economically backward countries, might hamper the growth of this market to some extent.
The major types of apheresis procedures are plasmapheresis i.e. plasma exchange, leukapheresis, plateletpheresis or thrombocytapheresis, erythrocytapheresis and LDL apheresis. Therapeutic apheresis is a measure used as a last resort when conventional pharmacological treatments turn out to be unsuccessful in controlling incapacitating and chronic medical conditions.
The major medical domains in which apheresis procedures are conducted are hematology, oncology, neurology, and renal diseases. The major diseases in these categories are leukemia, myasthenia gravis, refractory rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, thrombocytosis, polyneuropathy, Guillan Barre syndrome, and sickle cell diseases. The prime technologies employed in apheresis equipment are centrifugation and membrane filtration. The apheresis equipment market can be further categorized into apheresis machines market and disposables market.
Geographically, the global apheresis market is classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. At present the major market share of the global market is enjoyed by North America followed by Europe. The prime players in the apheresis market are Terumo BCT, Fenwal, Inc., Haemonetics Corp., Therakos, Inc. among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments