Antithrombotic/Anticoagulant Drugs Market: Overview
Arterial and venous thrombosis – the two types of thrombosis – can be treated with antithrombotic drugs that stop thrombus formation. The drugs are used to treat different blood clotting processes and include thrombolytic drugs, antiplatelet drugs, and anticoagulants. Despite antithrombotic drugs being widely used to prevent and treat arterial and venous thrombosis, the disease claims many lives across the globe every year.
The report deduces that this is an indicator of the fact that the drug is not effective enough and there is a lot of room for growth through research and development in the global market for antithrombotic and anticoagulant drugs. This, alongside the expiring patent of two leading drugs Plavix and Lovenox, paves the way for new players to foray into the market, making it look like a promising one.
Antithrombotic/Anticoagulant Drugs Market: Trends and Opportunities
The three main causes of thrombosis are hypercoagulability, abnormal flow of blood, and injury to the endothelial cells of the blood vessel wall. They result from genetic conditions, inactivity, smoking, blood vessel damage, pregnancy, and obesity. Currently, the treatment of thrombosis and associated disorders, including myocardial infarction, stroke, and pulmonary embolism, is mainly with off-patent anticoagulant drugs, namely warfarin and heparin. The other form of antithrombotic drug available – aspirin – is also off-patent. With few patented effective cures available in the market, pharmaceutical companies have a lot of scope to develop innovative products in the market. They can hope to rake in good profits with new drugs as a burgeoning world population will ensure a steady growth in the demand for such life-saving drugs.
A reason for the continued growth prospect in the antithrombotic and anticoagulant drug market is that chronic conditions associated with thrombotic disease require long-term drug administration. This, in turn, results in a high volume of repeat sales. It has been predicted that outpatients and hospital patients will boost the market in tandem. It has also been noted that oral therapies to thwart arterial thrombosis are likely to push the sales of the drugs. This, coupled with the fact that there are no specific substitutes to be used in place of antithrombotic and anticoagulant drugs, will also bring about tremendous growth in the market in the manner they have done so far.
Antithrombotic/Anticoagulant Drugs Market: Regional Outlook
The report segments the market for antithrombotic and anticoagulant drug geography-wise into Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe, North America, and the Rest of the World (RoW). Asia Pacific, on account of highly populated countries such as India and China, is slated to be the primary growth driver in the market for antithrombotic and anticoagulant drugs. Both producers and sellers of antithrombotic and anticoagulant drugs will see growth in the region. These drugs are mostly readily available in the market. However, there is not a single drug that is sufficiently effective in tackling the disease and without major side effects. As a result, the search for newer and better versions sans side effects is being carried out by different players in the field.
Companies Mentioned in the Report
To study the vendor landscape, the report has profiled top-notch companies such as Bayer International Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline, and others. Their recent roadmap, strategies, and historical developments have been detailed meticulously in the report.
The global antithrombotic/anticoagulant drugs market is segmented as:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report gives you access to decisive data such as:
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
Key highlights of this report:
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.