Antioxidants are molecules that prevent other molecules from oxidizing. They act as free radicals in the human body and prevent the body from the chain of oxidation reaction by getting oxidized themselves or by eliminating radical intermediates. Different types of anti oxidants include vitamin E, Vitamin C, BHT, BHA and propyl gallate. Anti oxidants are used to safeguard the food from deterioration.
The global market for antioxidants is growing at a considerable rate with rapid growth in the Asia-Pacific and North America market. Europe represents the largest regional market for antioxidants with strong growth in UK and Ireland. The global market for antioxidants is segmented into two major types, natural and synthetic. Based on functions, antioxidants are segmented into two major categories - functional food ingredients and antioxidants used for preservation. Based on applications, the global market for antioxidants is segmented into confectionaries, soft drinks and beverages and others. Based on geography, the market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW).
Growing health awareness is the primary factor responsible for the large growth of the antioxidant market in the last decade. Growing popularity of antioxidant potential, shifting trend in consumer health from being reactive to proactive and from treatment to prevention are major drivers identified for the antioxidants market. Lack of consumer education about additional health benefits, and lack of consistency in product demand are major challenges for this industry. Antioxidants have large potential in new product formats like alcoholic drinks, snacks, juices and other drinks.
Some of the key players in this industry include Albemarle Corporation, Thor Group Limited, AkzoNobel N.V., Baker Hughes Incorporated, BASF SE, Ashland Inc., Champion Technologies, Cortec Corporation, Clariant AG, Kemira Oyj, The Dow Chemical Company, Troy Corporation, GE Water and Process Technologies, Lubrizol Corporation, FMC Corporation, Lonza Group Ltd, Nalco Holding Company, and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments