Anti-infective agents are drugs used for the purpose of killing and/or suppressing the infection causing organisms from invading the host organism by means of its replication or releasing variety of toxins in the host. Such infection causing micro-organisms include viruses, bacteria, fungi, viroids and macro parasites. Infections thus caused can be classified depending on the type of organism causing infection and the symptoms and medical signs shown by host.
The global market for anti-infectives is classified by product type as antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial depending on the type of organism they fight. Geographically, North America is the most dominating region in the anti-infectives market and is followed by Europe. The emerging economies of Asia-Pacific regions are also showing growth potential in the global anti-infectives market. India forecasts high potential for growth in demand for anti-infectives due to existence of large patient pool, the government initiatives of undertaking various control programs and private partnership projects and rising cost containment initiatives by drug manufacturers.
Some of the major driving factors for the anti-infectives market include increase in patient population, large number of vaccines gaining approvals and newer drug introductions. The growing resistance of infection causing organisms to the existing drug therapies could pose a major challenge to the anti-infectives market. Furthermore, high price of drugs, dicey reimbursement policies and competition between generic manufacturers may hold back the growth of this market. The anti-infectives market is highly fragmented with a large number of domestic and international players. Developmental focus of anti-infective agents has shifted to antiviral agents due to requirement of longer treatment regimens in large number of patient population with chronic indications as compared to antifungal and antibacterial agents requiring shorter treatments.
Some of the key players contributing to the growth of this market include Abbott Laboratories Limited, Cipla Ltd., Claris Life Sciences Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Lupin Ltd., Novartis AG, Panacea Biotech Ltd., Pfizer Ltd., Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd. and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments