Zinc Sulfate Market: Introduction
- Zinc sulfate is an inorganic compound that appears as white rhombic crystals/powder at the room temperature. In early ages, this chemical was known as white vitriol.
- It is a colorless, odorless, and crystalline solid. It is easily soluble in water with its aqueous solution, and acidic and slightly soluble in ethanol and glycerol.
- Zinc sulfate is hygroscopic and efflorescent; and associated with four hydration states. It is produced synthetically by combining zinc ash with aqueous sulfuric acid.
- Zinc (Zn) is an essential mineral for human, animal, and plant nutrition. Zinc sulfate is used as a source of zinc in cases of zinc deficiencies. It is used in the form of dietary supplement to treat zinc deficiencies in humans.
- Zinc sulfate is also used as a preservative or protective agent for leather, wood, and skin. It is also employed in water purification process, flotation process of mineral separation, bleaching paper, and electro-deposition. Furthermore, zinc sulfate is used as raw material in the manufacture of latex products, desulfurization process, and pigment lithopone. It is an herbicide that is typically used for moss control.
Key Drivers of Zinc Sulfate Market
- Increased in zinc deficiency disorders across the globe is driving the market. This trend is expected to continue in the near future. Zinc deficiency leads to various adverse conditions, which include growth retardation, impaired immune function, and loss of appetite. Hence, zinc sulfate is added as food supplement to curb zinc deficiency disorders. It is also used in medicines.
- According to a report by the World Health Organization, zinc deficiency is responsible for 16% of lower respiratory tract infections, 10% of diarrheal diseases, and 18% of malaria across the globe. Furthermore, zinc deficiency leads to moderate number of deaths worldwide.
- Expansion in agriculture and agrochemicals industries is also expected to drive the zinc sulfate market in the near future
- According to the World Bank, the global agriculture industry is projected to feed around 9.7 billion people by the end of 2050. Hence, expansion in the agriculture industry is anticipated to boost the demand for agrochemicals. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global zinc sulfate market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Restraints of Zinc Sulfate Market
- Low bioavailability and side-effects associated with the chemical are some of the parameters that are likely to restrain the market in the near future
Asia Pacific to Dominate Zinc Sulfate Market
- Based on region, the global zinc sulfate market can be divided into Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to lead the global zinc sulfate market. India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Papua New Guinea have high prevalence of zinc deficient population. This is boosting the demand for zinc sulfate in these countries.
- High percentage of the population in India is engaged in occupations related to agriculture. Infant mortality cases are also high in the country. Therefore, India is taking steps to combat zinc deficiency in the population by supplementing crops with zinc sulfate fertilizers, pesticides, and fungicide.
- Consumption of zinc sulfate is expected to decline in China, in line with the decrease in lithopone pigment production
- The zinc sulfate market in Europe is estimated to expand at a steady pace owing to the shift of consumer preference toward zinc sulfate-based agrochemicals, electroplating, and flotation
- In Latin America, Mexico is expected to drive the zinc sulfate market due to the large presence of zinc deficient population in the country. The zinc sulfate market is relatively mature in other parts of Latin America.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global zinc sulfate market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Midsouth Chemical
- Changsha Latian Chemicals Co. Ltd
- Rech Chemical Co. Ltd
- Tianjin Xinxin Chemical Factory
- Alpha Chemicals
- Zinc Nacional
- Ravi Chem Industries
- Balaji Industries
- Tianjin Topfert Agrochemicial Co.
- Old Bridge Chemical, Inc.
- China Bohigh
- Changsha Haolin Chemicals Co., Ltd
- Gupta Agri Care
- Sulfozyme Agro India Pvt. Ltd.
- Sigma-Aldrich, Inc.
Global Zinc Sulfate Market: Research Scope
Global Zinc Sulfate Market, by Type
- Zinc Sulfate Anhydrous
- Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate
- Zinc Sulfate Hexahydrate
- Zinc sulfate heptahydrate
Global Zinc Sulfate Market, by Application
- Dietary Supplement
- Animal Feed
- Dyes & Pigments
- Flotation Process
- Water Treatment
- Synthetic Fibers
Global Zinc Sulfate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.