Zinc Sulfate Market: Introduction
- Zinc sulfate is an inorganic compound that appears as white rhombic crystals/powder at the room temperature. In early ages, this chemical was known as white vitriol.
- It is a colorless, odorless, and crystalline solid. It is easily soluble in water with its aqueous solution, and acidic and slightly soluble in ethanol and glycerol.
- Zinc sulfate is hygroscopic and efflorescent; and associated with four hydration states. It is produced synthetically by combining zinc ash with aqueous sulfuric acid.
- Zinc (Zn) is an essential mineral for human, animal, and plant nutrition. Zinc sulfate is used as a source of zinc in cases of zinc deficiencies. It is used in the form of dietary supplement to treat zinc deficiencies in humans.
- Zinc sulfate is also used as a preservative or protective agent for leather, wood, and skin. It is also employed in water purification process, flotation process of mineral separation, bleaching paper, and electro-deposition. Furthermore, zinc sulfate is used as raw material in the manufacture of latex products, desulfurization process, and pigment lithopone. It is an herbicide that is typically used for moss control.
Key Drivers of Zinc Sulfate Market
- Increased in zinc deficiency disorders across the globe is driving the market. This trend is expected to continue in the near future. Zinc deficiency leads to various adverse conditions, which include growth retardation, impaired immune function, and loss of appetite. Hence, zinc sulfate is added as food supplement to curb zinc deficiency disorders. It is also used in medicines.
- According to a report by the World Health Organization, zinc deficiency is responsible for 16% of lower respiratory tract infections, 10% of diarrheal diseases, and 18% of malaria across the globe. Furthermore, zinc deficiency leads to moderate number of deaths worldwide.
- Expansion in agriculture and agrochemicals industries is also expected to drive the zinc sulfate market in the near future
- According to the World Bank, the global agriculture industry is projected to feed around 9.7 billion people by the end of 2050. Hence, expansion in the agriculture industry is anticipated to boost the demand for agrochemicals. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global zinc sulfate market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Restraints of Zinc Sulfate Market
- Low bioavailability and side-effects associated with the chemical are some of the parameters that are likely to restrain the market in the near future
Asia Pacific to Dominate Zinc Sulfate Market
- Based on region, the global zinc sulfate market can be divided into Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to lead the global zinc sulfate market. India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Papua New Guinea have high prevalence of zinc deficient population. This is boosting the demand for zinc sulfate in these countries.
- High percentage of the population in India is engaged in occupations related to agriculture. Infant mortality cases are also high in the country. Therefore, India is taking steps to combat zinc deficiency in the population by supplementing crops with zinc sulfate fertilizers, pesticides, and fungicide.
- Consumption of zinc sulfate is expected to decline in China, in line with the decrease in lithopone pigment production
- The zinc sulfate market in Europe is estimated to expand at a steady pace owing to the shift of consumer preference toward zinc sulfate-based agrochemicals, electroplating, and flotation
- In Latin America, Mexico is expected to drive the zinc sulfate market due to the large presence of zinc deficient population in the country. The zinc sulfate market is relatively mature in other parts of Latin America.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global zinc sulfate market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Midsouth Chemical
- Changsha Latian Chemicals Co. Ltd
- Rech Chemical Co. Ltd
- Tianjin Xinxin Chemical Factory
- Alpha Chemicals
- Zinc Nacional
- Ravi Chem Industries
- Balaji Industries
- Tianjin Topfert Agrochemicial Co.
- Old Bridge Chemical, Inc.
- China Bohigh
- Changsha Haolin Chemicals Co., Ltd
- Gupta Agri Care
- Sulfozyme Agro India Pvt. Ltd.
- Sigma-Aldrich, Inc.
Global Zinc Sulfate Market: Research Scope
Global Zinc Sulfate Market, by Type
- Zinc Sulfate Anhydrous
- Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate
- Zinc Sulfate Hexahydrate
- Zinc sulfate heptahydrate
Global Zinc Sulfate Market, by Application
- Dietary Supplement
- Animal Feed
- Dyes & Pigments
- Flotation Process
- Water Treatment
- Synthetic Fibers
Global Zinc Sulfate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.