Zinc Eugenol Market
Zinc Eugenol Market (Source: Clove, Cinnamon, Tulsi/Holy Basil, Pepper, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- Chemicals & Materials
- 58 Pages
Telemedicine, Online Consultations Keep Economies Running in Dentistry During Coronavirus Pandemic
The coronavirus pandemic is expected to not stop immediately and has led the global population to face a long working, social, and economic recovery time. As a result, a large part of the population is avoiding, cancelling or postponing dental and endodontic treatment unless it is an emergency. Hence, companies in the zinc eugenol market are increasing efforts to keep economies running through telemedicine and online dentist consultations for products and treatments.
Since most individuals are finding it difficult to overcome the fear of the COVID-19 infection, manufacturers in the zinc eugenol market are capitalizing on this opportunity to strengthen their supply chains via eCommerce, telemedicine, and online dentist consultation. This is evident since dental practices are a major source of possible infections.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Need for New Material Mixtures in Root Canal Fillings Create Business Opportunities
In terms of value, the global zinc eugenol market is anticipated to expand at a robust CAGR of ~11% during the forecast period. However, zinc oxide eugenol (ZOE) is being publicized as a successful root canal filling material; but it is also subject to disadvantages such as low strength, low abrasion resistance, and high solubility. Thus, manufacturers are boosting their research efforts to authenticate the success achieved with new mixture of materials associated with zinc oxide eugenol.
Manufacturers are gaining awareness about complete chemo-mechanical debridement and its role in any successful endodontic therapy. Hence, they are increasing their production capabilities in ZOE-induced root canal filling materials to improve patient quality of life.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
ZOE Pastes Gain Popularity as Self-curing Material Suitable for Dental Impressions
Apart from cements and fillings, companies in the zinc eugenol market are boosting their production capacities in ZOE impression pastes. They are increasing the availability of two-part impression system involving a eugenol catalyst paste and a zinc oxide base paste component. These systems are being made with two different contrasting colors in pastes to offer clear indication.
ZOE impression pastes are gaining popularity as a self-curing material suitable for taking dental impressions. Manufacturers in the zinc eugenol market are increasing the availability of high-quality impression pastes that deliver dimensional stability and can be easily mixed to cut surgery time.
Acrylic Resin, Alumina Reinforcers Help Strengthen ZOE Cements
Companies in the zinc eugenol market are boosting their output capacities. They are manufacturing ZOE cement, which is used to provide a sedative effect in deep preparations. However, these cements are being associated with low compressive strength and present clinical limitations. In order to strengthen ZOE cements, manufacturers in the zinc eugenol market are adding acrylic resin and alumina reinforcers in products.
Due to advantages of sedative effects, ZOE cements are considered as the gold standard for pulp chamber filling, followed by pulpotomies or pulpectomies in the primary dentition application. In addition, a glass ionomer cement base is being placed over ZOE before the placement of resin-based composite in order to avoid polymerization.
Use of ZOE Dressings for Raw Wound after Excision of Oral PMDs
Companies in the zinc eugenol market are developing impression pastes that are compatible with gypsum to provide smooth surface after dental and endodontic surgeries. These impression pastes are being used to manufacture dentures, especially for edentulous patients. ZOE impression pastes are acquiring prominence in enabling mal-fitting dentures to be relined. They are being used as dressing material on surgical raw wounds after wide excision of oral potentially malignant disorders (PMDs).
The chemical, physiological, and biological properties of ZOE have proved to be successful as a dressing material and is creating incremental opportunities for manufacturers in the zinc eugenol market. These dressings are being used in cases of raw wound formed after excision of oral PMDs.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Zinc Eugenol Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
Owing to persistence of biological agents in operating rooms, eCommerce and telemedicine are helping to create revenue opportunities and revive market growth for manufacturers in the zinc eugenol market during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, zinc phosphate and glass ionomer cements pose as a threat to the sales of ZOE cements. Hence, manufacturers should educate dentists and endodontists to use glass ionomer cement base in combination with ZOE cements to place resin-based composites in order to avoid polymerization. They should increase the availability of two-part ZOE impression pastes that offer clear identification for developing dentures. Manufacturers are developing ZOE dressings used in cases of raw wound formed after excision of oral PMDs.
Zinc Eugenol Market: Overview
- In terms of value, the global zinc eugenol market is expected to exceed US$ 30 thousand by 2031
- Eugenol is a well-known natural product occurring in many angiospermic plants with pleasant scent and spicy taste. Eugenol exhibits aromatic flavor; therefore, it is called aromatic phytochemical. Eugenol belongs to the group of phenylpropanes such as anethol, estragole, and cinnamaldehyde, which are biosynthesized via the shikimate pathway. Eugenol is a major component of clove. The taste of clove is imparted by the chemical eugenol. Eugenol is a compound found in certain plants such as basil, cinnamon, lemon balm, and nutmeg; however, it is primarily extracted from clove plants.
- Eugenol-containing dental materials are commonly used in clinical dentistry. When zinc oxide-eugenol (ZOE) is applied to a dentinal cavity, small quantities of eugenol diffuse through the dentin to the pulp. It is a functional ingredient of numerous products that are used in pharmaceutical, food, and cosmetic industries in restricted concentrations. Its derivatives are used in medicine as local antiseptics and anesthetics. Eugenol is antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antioxidant. Therefore, it is used in a wide range of applications.
- Eugenol is a component of clove oil and other essential oils. It plays a prominent role in dental and oral hygiene preparations. Eugenol is used as flavor and sensitizer; and is also used in local anesthesia. In lower concentrations, eugenol has anti-inflammatory and local anesthetic effects on the dental pulp.
- Manufacturers of zinc eugenol are expected to adopt various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, new product launch, strategic collaborations, expansions, and joint ventures to expand their product portfolio and business operations
- Rise in demand for zinc eugenol, owing to its significant usage in agricultural and dental applications, is anticipated to propel the global zinc eugenol market during the forecast period
- Clove is projected to be a highly lucrative source segment of the global zinc eugenol market in the near future
Zinc Eugenol Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- The global population rose at a rate of 1.2% per annum from 2000 to 2018. According to a report published by the UN, global population is estimated to reach 9.7 billion in 2050 and nearly 11 billion around 2100. Asia Pacific accounted for 59.7% share of the global population in 2017.
- Demand for agricultural produce has been rising year on year, owing to the increase in population in India and China. Many countries such as China, India, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam have launched governmental schemes to boost their agriculture exports to countries in Europe and North America.
- In order to meet the high demand for fruits and vegetables, companies operating in the agriculture sector are aiming to improve productivity of their farms. Eugenol helps these companies optimize overall yield by providing protection in order to achieve superior plant growth. For instance, zinc eugenol is used as micronutrient in the cultivation of vegetables, ornamentals, and some types of flowers. Thus, increase in demand for agricultural produce is anticipated to drive the zinc eugenol market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period. Increase in utilization of zinc eugenol in agricultural activities in order to boost the agricultural yield is also projected to drive the zinc eugenol market during the forecast period.
Zinc Eugenol Market: Major Sources
- Based on source, the global zinc eugenol market has been segmented into clove, cinnamon, tulsi/ holy basil, pepper, and others
- Clove is expected to be a high-value source segment of the global zinc eugenol market in the near future. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The cinnamon segment of the global zinc eugenol market has also been expanding at a significant pace since the past few years. The tulsi/holy basil segment of the global zinc eugenol market is estimated to expand substantially during the forecast period.
North America to be Highly Lucrative Region of Zinc Eugenol Market
- In terms of value and volume, North America is projected to constitute prominent share of the global zinc eugenol market by 2031. This can be ascribed to the constant demand for zinc eugenol in agricultural applications.
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for a key share of the global zinc eugenol market during the forecast period due to strong demand for agricultural products in the region. The zinc eugenol market in Europe is projected to expand significantly due to high utilization of zinc eugenol in agricultural applications in the region. Middle East & Africa and Latin America also account for notable share of the global zinc eugenol market. Their share is anticipated to increase significantly over the next few years.
Zinc Eugenol Market: Competition Landscape
- Key manufacturers operating in the global zinc eugenol market include
- WINFIELD SOLUTIONS, LLC
- Van Aroma
- CV. Indaroma
- Penta Manufacturing Company
Zinc Eugenol Market – Scope of the Report
The new study on the global zinc eugenol market published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges as well as the structure of the global zinc eugenol market. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global zinc eugenol market to illustrate how growth would discern during the forecast period of 2021-2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis as well as supply chain analysis and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global zinc eugenol market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis of leading market players’ business strategies is also featured in TMR’s study on the global zinc eugenol market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee the growth of the global zinc eugenol market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global zinc eugenol market, which would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Zinc Eugenol Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global zinc eugenol market between 2024 and 2031?
- What is the influence of changing trends on the global zinc eugenol market?
- Would North America continue to remain the most profitable region for manufacturers of zinc eugenol in the near future?
- Which factors are expected to hamper the global zinc eugenol market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global zinc eugenol market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the global zinc eugenol market and arrive at conclusions on growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the report on the global zinc eugenol market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts also interviewed senior managers, portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global zinc eugenol market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary resources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global zinc eugenol market. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global zinc eugenol market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global zinc eugenol market more reliable and accurate.
Zinc Eugenol Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global zinc eugenol market segments the market based on source and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global zinc eugenol market are discussed in detail.