Zinc Dust: Introduction
- Zinc dust is a fine gray powder of zinc metal that is produced by distilling primary or secondary zinc in closed, horizontal furnaces. The vapor emitted from the zinc is then condensed as dust. Zinc dust is primarily used in paints and coatings to inhibit corrosion. Its offers working support as protective pigment in industrial coatings. It is used as catalyst in many chemical reactions. Furthermore, zinc dust is employed as reducing agent and works as precipitant for metals such as copper, gold, silver, and cadmium.
- Zinc ore or zinc ingots and other auxiliary chemicals are the major raw materials used in the manufacture of zinc dust. When used in paints, zinc dust provides excellent protection to steel structures under normal atmospheric conditions; as well as underwater steel surfaces (dams and interiors of fresh water tanks).
- In terms of type, the global zinc dust market can be broadly classified into chemical grade zinc dust and paint grade zinc dust. Each type of zinc dust is used widely in end-user industries. Wide application of zinc dust is expected to boost the demand for zinc dust products in the downstream industry. Thus, the zinc dust market has high potential in the near future. Manufacturers engaged in the industry are striving to produce high purity and good performance zinc dust through improvement of technology and processes.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Zinc Dust Market
- Zinc dust is significantly employed in the paints & coatings sector. Paints and coatings are used extensively in construction and automotive industries. Remarkable growth in the construction industry in developed as well as developing countries owing to increase in urbanization and technological advancements; and rise is disposable income of consumers are estimated to drive the global zinc dust market during the forecast period.
- The special sacrificing process of zinc dust holds the capability of preventing rust. Thus, it is widely employed as anti-corrosive agent in a wide range of protective coatings such as industrial, marine, and yacht coatings. Zinc dust is also used as an intermediate for drug manufacturing processes in the pharmaceutical industry. These factors are estimated to boost the zinc dust market in the near future.
- Fluctuation in the price of the upstream product is anticipated to impact the production cost of zinc dust. The production cost of zinc dust is also an important factor that could impact the price of zinc dust. This, in return, is expected to hamper the zinc dust market in the near future.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Zinc Dust Market
Zinc Dust: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global zinc dust market can be segmented into chemicals, paints & coatings, pharmaceuticals, and others
- The paints & coatings segment is expected to hold significant share of the global zinc dust market during the forecast period, owing to the increase in demand for paints and coatings in building & constriction, and automotive sectors
Covid-19 Impact on Zinc Dust Market
Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Manufacturing activities across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials and shortage of labor. This is projected to hamper the zinc dust market to some extent.
- COVID-19 is affecting the global economy in three main ways: directly affecting production and demand, creating supply chain and market disruption, and financially impacting firms and financial markets.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Zinc Dust Market
- In terms of region, the global zinc dust market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to account for the significant share of the global zinc dust market in the near future owing to high demand from countries such as China, India, and Japan. The zinc dust market in China is expanding at a high rate owing to the high demand in the pharmaceutical industry in China. Demand for zinc dust is expected to rise at a high rate in the next few years with increase in demand for paints & coatings from the construction sector in China, India, Thailand, and Indonesia.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Zinc Dust Market
The global zinc dust market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global zinc dust include:
- Jiangsu Kecheng
- Votorantim Group
- Transpek-Silox Industry
- Pars Zinc Dust
- TOHO ZINC
- Shandong Xingyuan Zinc
- Jiangsu Shuangsheng
- Shijiazhuang Xinri Zinc
- Yunan Luoping
- Jiangsu Shenlong Zinc
- Jiangsu Smelting
Global Zinc Dust Market: Research Scope
Global Zinc Dust Market, by Grade
- Pharmaceutical Grade
- Technical Grade
- Food Grade
Global Zinc Dust Market, by Application
- Paints & Coatings
- Food Processing
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.