Zinc Dust: Introduction
- Zinc dust is a fine gray powder of zinc metal that is produced by distilling primary or secondary zinc in closed, horizontal furnaces. The vapor emitted from the zinc is then condensed as dust. Zinc dust is primarily used in paints and coatings to inhibit corrosion. Its offers working support as protective pigment in industrial coatings. It is used as catalyst in many chemical reactions. Furthermore, zinc dust is employed as reducing agent and works as precipitant for metals such as copper, gold, silver, and cadmium.
- Zinc ore or zinc ingots and other auxiliary chemicals are the major raw materials used in the manufacture of zinc dust. When used in paints, zinc dust provides excellent protection to steel structures under normal atmospheric conditions; as well as underwater steel surfaces (dams and interiors of fresh water tanks).
- In terms of type, the global zinc dust market can be broadly classified into chemical grade zinc dust and paint grade zinc dust. Each type of zinc dust is used widely in end-user industries. Wide application of zinc dust is expected to boost the demand for zinc dust products in the downstream industry. Thus, the zinc dust market has high potential in the near future. Manufacturers engaged in the industry are striving to produce high purity and good performance zinc dust through improvement of technology and processes.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Zinc Dust Market
- Zinc dust is significantly employed in the paints & coatings sector. Paints and coatings are used extensively in construction and automotive industries. Remarkable growth in the construction industry in developed as well as developing countries owing to increase in urbanization and technological advancements; and rise is disposable income of consumers are estimated to drive the global zinc dust market during the forecast period.
- The special sacrificing process of zinc dust holds the capability of preventing rust. Thus, it is widely employed as anti-corrosive agent in a wide range of protective coatings such as industrial, marine, and yacht coatings. Zinc dust is also used as an intermediate for drug manufacturing processes in the pharmaceutical industry. These factors are estimated to boost the zinc dust market in the near future.
- Fluctuation in the price of the upstream product is anticipated to impact the production cost of zinc dust. The production cost of zinc dust is also an important factor that could impact the price of zinc dust. This, in return, is expected to hamper the zinc dust market in the near future.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Zinc Dust Market
Zinc Dust: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global zinc dust market can be segmented into chemicals, paints & coatings, pharmaceuticals, and others
- The paints & coatings segment is expected to hold significant share of the global zinc dust market during the forecast period, owing to the increase in demand for paints and coatings in building & constriction, and automotive sectors
Covid-19 Impact on Zinc Dust Market
Asia Pacific to Dominate Zinc Dust Market
- In terms of region, the global zinc dust market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to account for the significant share of the global zinc dust market in the near future owing to high demand from countries such as China, India, and Japan. The zinc dust market in China is expanding at a high rate owing to the high demand in the pharmaceutical industry in China. Demand for zinc dust is expected to rise at a high rate in the next few years with increase in demand for paints & coatings from the construction sector in China, India, Thailand, and Indonesia.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Zinc Dust Market
The global zinc dust market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global zinc dust include:
- Jiangsu Kecheng
- Votorantim Group
- Transpek-Silox Industry
- Pars Zinc Dust
- TOHO ZINC
- Shandong Xingyuan Zinc
- Jiangsu Shuangsheng
- Shijiazhuang Xinri Zinc
- Yunan Luoping
- Jiangsu Shenlong Zinc
- Jiangsu Smelting
Global Zinc Dust Market: Research Scope
Global Zinc Dust Market, by Grade
- Pharmaceutical Grade
- Technical Grade
- Food Grade
Global Zinc Dust Market, by Application
- Paints & Coatings
- Food Processing
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!