COVID-19 Impact on Global Xylenols Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has led to disturbance in the supply chain due to the global lockdown in several countries. The spread of the coronavirus has led to a fall in demand for chemical intermediates due to uncertainty in the global economy and capital markets.
- The market is anticipated to recover during the forecast period due to the acceptance of new normal conditions and restart of end-use industries in various countries
Key Drivers and Restraints of Xylenols Market
- Demand for xylenols is expected to increase at a significant pace during the forecast period due to increasing use of xylenols in various industries such as pharmaceutical, agriculture, health care, and personal care
- Increase in demand for xylenols as an intermediate for agricultural products, germicides, and biocides is a key factor anticipated to fuel the global xylenols market during the forecast period
- Expansion of the agriculture industry in various developing and developed countries is also projected to fuel the demand for xylenols. However, stringent norms regarding the certification of manufacturing process of xylenols is negatively affecting the xylenols market.
Xylenols Market: Product Type Segment
- Based on product type, the xylenols market can be divided into 2, 6-Xylenol, 2, 5-Xylenol, 2, 4-Xylenol, 2, 3-Xylenol, 3, 4-Xylenol, and 3, 5-Xylenol. Of these, the 2,5- xylenol segment dominates the xylenols market.
- 2,5- xylenols contain proteins, antioxidants, and vitamins. They are high-quality sources of vital amino acids. These compounds are used extensively in animal nutrition, food & beverages, and pharmaceutical industries. They are also used in the production of flavoring agents, owing to their strong solvent characteristics and reactivity. Increase in demand for these compounds as chemical intermediates and essential raw materials is set to boost the demand for xylenols.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Global Xylenols Market
- In terms of region, the xylenols market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global xylenols market during the forecast period, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is also the manufacturing and export hub for many products globally. Apart from industrial chemicals, sectors such as pharmaceutical, agriculture, and health care in China and India are among the largest in the world.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Xylenols Market
The xylenols market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the xylenols market include:
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical
- Nantong Xingchen Synthetic Material
- Hunan Lijie Biochemical
- Rugao Zhongchang Chemical
- Changzhou Junchi Chemical
- Changzhou City Teng Yang Chemical
- Deepak Novochem Technologies
- Qingdao Welltech Chemical
- Nanjing Datang Chemical
Xylenols Market: Research Scope
Xylenols Market, by Product Type
- 2, 6-Xylenol
- 2, 5-Xylenol
- 2, 4-Xylenol
- 2, 3-Xylenol
- 3, 4-Xylenol
- 3, 5-Xylenol
Xylenols Market, by Form
Xylenols Market, by Application
- Phenolic Resin Production
- Anti-oxidant Manufacture
Global Xylenols Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Xylenols Market: Introduction
- Xylenols are organic compounds with the formula (CH3)2C6H3OH. They are volatile colorless solids or oily liquids. They are derivatives of phenol with two methyl groups at various positions relative to the hydroxyl group. Six isomers exist; of these, 2,6-xylenol with both methyl groups in an ortho position with respect to the hydroxyl group is the most important.
- The name xylenol is a portmanteau of the words xylene and phenol. 2,4-Dimethylphenol together with other xylenols and many other compounds us traditionally extracted from coal tar, which is a volatile material obtained during the production of coke from coal. These residues contain a few percent by weight of xylenols as well as cresols and phenol. The main xylenols in such tar are 3,5-, 2,4, and 2,3-isomers.
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.