Wood Shingles Market: Overview
- Wood shingles are tapered, thin pieces of wood that are basically used to cover roofs and walls of buildings in order to protect buildings from harsh weather conditions. Roofing wood shingles are generally supplied in flat rectangular shapes, which are placed over the roof by fixing joints of components while moving from the bottom edge to top of the roof.
- Wood shingles are primarily implemented to coat and wrap roofs and walls of buildings. Wood shingles are commonly sawed and split. They have smooth and flattened sides. As compared to shakes, wood shingles are more extensively employed in building roofing applications.
- Generally, red cedar, white cedar, cypress, or redwood is used in the process to form wood shingles. Based on grade, wood shingles can be categorized into grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3. Wood shingles are available in a variety of cut patterns. Their length ranges from 16 and 18 inches to 24 inches.
- Wood shingles have particular installation requirements, as they are typically chopped and sliced up by machines and are further narrowed. Furthermore, wood shingles are vulnerable to discoloration. Wood shingles possess high durability of about 30 years. Since wood shingles are obtained from a renewable resource, they are eco-friendly. Also, they are attractive in appearance and they do not require painting.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Wood Shingles Market report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Wood Shingles Market
- Wood shingles are lean and fine-pointed portions of wood. Wood shingles are largely employed to coat and wrap roofs and walls of buildings so that they are sheltered and preserved from harsh weather. They are extensively employed in roofs and walls of resorts near seashores, as they are attractive in appearance, eco-friendly in nature, and highly durable. This factor is expected to drive the global wood shingles market during the forecast period.
- Wood shingles require care for their maintenance. Moreover, regular and continuous treatments are required along with application of preservatives and fungicides so that wood shingles do not get dried out, warped, cracked, and attacked by mildew or fungus. This factor is expected to hamper the global wood shingles market in the near future.
Global Wood Shingles Market, by Application
- In terms of application, the global wood shingles market can be segmented into building roofs, walls, architecture, and others. Wood shingles help withstand abnormal, unpredictable, and changing weather. Hence, they are employed to shield roofs and walls of buildings and infrastructures on a large scale. The building roofs segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period.
North America to be a Key Region of Global Wood Shingles Market
- In terms of region, the global wood shingles market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is anticipated to hold a significant share of the global wood shingles market during the forecast period. In North America, the U.S. is witnessing high demand for wood shingles, owing to rising demand for housing in the country.
- The wood shingles market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to increasing urbanization and infrastructure development in the region
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Wood Shingles Market
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Wood Shingles Market
The global wood shingles market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have strong presence in the market in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global wood shingles market are:
- Custom Shingles
- ARCAT, Inc.
- Legacy Roofing LLC
- Waldun Forest Products
- Bear Creek Lumber
- Best Quality Cedar Products Ltd.
- Fraser Wood Siding
- Maibec Inc.
- Granville Manufacturing Company
- Dow's Eastern White Shingles & Shakes
Global Wood Shingles Market: Research Scope
Global Wood Shingles Market, by Type
- Cedar Wood Shingles
- Teak Wood Shingles
- Wallaba Wood Shingles
Global Wood Shingles Market, by Application
Global Wood Shingles Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.