Women’s Innerwear – Introduction
- Among all the apparel categories, women’s innerwear in the past decade has experienced significant improvisation.
- Innovation in fabric materials used for women’s innerwear has resulted in evolution of the industry, considering the wide variety of products available in the market
- This evolution of the industry not only in terms of product development, but also in terms of retailing has remained remarkable
- The changing perception of consumers and their behavior toward buying women’s innerwear has changed significantly, particularly during the current pandemic.
- In addition, the exponential rise in population of working women, and growth in disposable income has also significantly contributed to overall growth of the women’s innerwear industry
Increasing Digitalization & Online Distribution Channels to Drive the Demand for Women’s Innerwear in the Global Market
Technology coupled with the contributions of the new generation such as social media and e-commerce have resulted in a lot of changes in the women’s innerwear sector. Women consumers now have become increasingly assertive and are independent in almost everything. They are confident and aware about their needs which impacts the demand side of the market. This change in response has made companies/manufacturers in the market more trendy and quick in terms of updating their product offerings.
Market participants have been moving ahead with a similar approach For instance, in the year 2018, some of the newcomers in the U.S apparel market had benchmarked their growth online. Of the 13 apparel brands that got their start selling online, four (31%) were sleepwear/lingerie merchants. Three of these four were among the fastest growing retailers in 2018. Thinx Inc. and Third Love, both experienced sales growth of nearly 50% in 2018, and MeUndies Inc., increased its sales by 63.0%.
Digitization has been a major driver responsible for this change and it has also become an important aspect, synchronizing with the trends and technology.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
- The pandemic did not have a massive impact on the industry; however, merchants had to face various challenges in terms of production and offline sales
- Manufacturers had to close their operations for the safety of their employees, and several business meetings and travels were hampered owing to shut down of transportation
- Besides, several major brands, with their retail presence also had to face substantial loss; however, the growth of e-commerce and digital distribution channels helped these companies to break even despite brick ‘n’ mortar losses.
Rapid Innovation & Keeping up with Trends: Key Challenge for Manufacturers
- The women’s innerwear market is highly competitive and substantially fragmented with local manufacturers offering tough competition to the brands, particularly in developing nations
- This overall has made it very challenging for market players to keep up with the trends and keep innovating. For instance, in terms of women’s under garments, boy shorts have remained a fast moving product over the years; however, since the past couple of years, this product line has been gradually replaced by high waist thongs
- In addition, technological advancement in terms of fabric manufacturing and designing of these innerwear has also made it highly challenging for players to maintain their positions in the market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of the Global Women’s Innerwear Market
- In terms of geography, the global women’s innerwear market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the women’s innerwear market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The women’s innerwear market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global women’s innerwear market in 2018, attributed to the extensive presence of manufacturing industry in the region. Growth in population and increasing disposable income has been driving the women’s innerwear market in Asia Pacific, particularly in China and India.
- The women’s innerwear market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by Europe, and North America during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in the Women’s Innerwear Market
The global women’s innerwear market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global women’s innerwear market are:
- Body Care Creations
- Victoria Secrete
- PrimaDonna Lingerie
- Marks & Spencer
- Calvin Klien
- Hanesbrands Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Women’s Innerwear Market, Request for a Sample
Global Women’s Innerwear Market: Research Scope
Global Women’s Innerwear Market, by Type
- T-shirt Bra
- Sports Bra
- Stick-on Bra
- Nursing Bra
- Others (Brallet, Shelf Bra, Longline, etc.)
- Boy Shorts
- Others (Tanoa, Control Briefs, etc.)
- Waist Clinchers
- Thigh Shapers
- Others (Leggings, Briefs, etc.)
Global Women’s Innerwear Market, by Material
- Others (Lace, Nylon, etc.)
Global Women’s Innerwear Market, by Size
Global Women’s Innerwear Market, by Price Range
- Less than US$15
- US$ 16 - US$ 30
- US$31 - US$ 50
- More than US$ 50
Global Women’s Innerwear Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Departmental Store
- Specialty Store
Global Women’s Innerwear Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.