High demand for security and surveillance systems drives the wireless web cameras market
- A wireless web camera is a video camera that streams images in real time through a computer network. The recorded data can be viewed and transferred to other systems using various communication technologies such as Bluetooth or via the internet.
- The high adoption of wireless web cameras for various applications such as security and surveillance, live events, visual marketing, video conferences, and entertainment boosts the growth of the wireless web cameras market.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Key drivers of the wireless web cameras market
- Growing awareness about safety and security at public and private places acts as a major driving factor for the wireless web cameras market.
- Wireless web cameras provide visual access to various places, preventing security threats and incidents.
- Various attributes such as less connection complexity, high resolution videos, and faster data transfer rate at an affordable price results in the high adoption of wireless web cameras.
Wireless transmission concerns regarding data security and privacy hinders the market
- All wireless video surveillance transceivers operate in the unlicensed radio spectrum. The industrial, scientific, and medical (ISM) bands are kept aside for public usage as a part of unlicensed radio spectrum without a license, under the provision of FCC regulations (47CFR parts 15 and 18).
- Since the wireless video operates in the unlicensed access band, it is highly vulnerable to security threats and cyber-attack by hackers, raising concerns about safety and security.
- Thus, concern about safety and security of video transmission via wireless web cameras hinders the growth of the wireless web cameras market.
To get a bird’s eye view of market forecast, ask for a custom report
North America to hold major share of the global wireless web cameras market
- North America holds a prominent share of the wireless web cameras market and the region is expected to continue dominating the market during the forecast period.
- The increasing need for security and surveillance at home and in commercial areas is contributing to the high adoption of wireless web cameras in the region.
- Wireless web cameras are being widely used for live event recording, security and surveillance, visual marketing, and online education.
- On the other hand, the wireless web cameras market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a prominent CAGR during the forecast period. In Asia Pacific, China is expected to hold the major share in the wireless web cameras market during the forecast period.
- Availability of cost effective wireless web cameras offered by local Chinese players as compared to well established brand is contributing to the growth of the wireless web cameras market in China.
Key players operating in the global wireless web cameras market:
The global wireless web cameras market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–30% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global wireless web cameras market are listed below.
- Canon, Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- D-Link Systems, Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Nexia International Limited
- Razer Inc.
- Sony Corporation
Global Wireless Web Cameras Market: Research Scope
Global Wireless Web Cameras Market, by Technology
Global Wireless Web Cameras Market, by Application
- Security and Surveillance
- Live Events
- Video conferences
- Visual Marketing
Global Wireless Web Cameras Market Segmentation, by End-use
Global Wireless Web Cameras Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Wi-Fi Web Camera
- Bluetooth Web Camera
- Night Vision Web Camera
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.