Wireless technology of gas monitoring eliminates the physical and economic barriers associated with wired gas detection devices. Toxic and combustible gases seep into industrial processes such as oil & gas production facilities, refining & petrochemical, chemical production, and power generation. These gases can cause serious hazards if they get released into the environment. Toxic H2S and combustible methane are the common and dangerous gases that can cause potential danger to life and property. Therefore, companies often employ gas detection systems in order to minimize the risk to personnel and plant safety.
A typical gas detector identifies and monitors gas leaks by generating an electronic signal (sound or visual). Installation of traditional wired gas monitoring system incurs additional cost, as it requires a network of wires. Space constraint is another issue faced while installing wired gas monitoring systems in specific applications such as oil & gas production platforms or confined space entry operations in coal fired power plants.
Wireless gas monitoring system can save up to 90% of installed cost and time and can be applied in field and plant networks, sensing leaks that might not otherwise be detected by sparsely distributed wired units. These wireless systems offer high accuracy, flexibility, and reliability in detecting gas leaks. Wireless gas monitoring or detection systems are available as stand-alone monitors, rapid deployable systems, self-healing mesh-radio systems, and replacements for traditional fixed or hard wired systems. The latest wireless systems can be interfaced to Internet for real-time alarm and data sharing.
High industry safety standards implemented by regulatory bodies across the world is a key driver of the wireless gas monitoring market. Companies dealing with toxic gas emissions are mandated to follow all health safety & environmental norms established by regulatory bodies. Wi-Fi can communicate directly with other IP devices either locally or through Internet Protocol (IP) network. This is another factor driving the wireless monitoring system market. Installation of wireless gas monitoring is hassle-free and provides continuous monitoring. The traditional wired devices may sometimes fail due to the breakage of wire. Repairing or replacing such wires may prove a time consuming task. However, battery life and interconnectivity issues may hamper the wireless gas monitoring market. Wireless modules are battery powered, thereby requiring replacement of batteries. Interconnectivity issues may arise due to IP network related problems.
The wireless gas monitoring system market is expected to expand primarily in North America, as the region is technologically advanced and has presence of several manufacturers of wireless gas monitoring systems. Rapid industrial growth in Asia Pacific makes the region attractive for wireless gas monitoring systems. Europe is also anticipated to account for major share of the market, as the region is known for its high industrial safety standards. Presence of major oil & gas producing countries makes Middle East & Africa as well as Latin America a beneficial region for the wireless gas monitoring market.
Key players operating in the wireless gas monitoring market are Pem-Tech, Inc., TROLEX, United Electric Controls Company, City Technology Ltd., RAE Systems, General Electric, Siemens AG, Status Scientific Controls Ltd., Yokogawa Electric Corporation, RKI Instruments, and Sierra Monitor Corporation.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.