Wireless Broadband CPE: Introduction
- Wireless broadband customer-provided equipment or customer-premises equipment (CPE) is used to perform the function of connecting wireless users to a wired router or wired WLAN controller.
- A wireless broadband CPE is connected with a carrier's telecommunication circuit at the demarcation point and located at a subscriber's premises. The wireless broadband CPE enables consumers to access the provider’s communication services and distribute them in a residence or enterprise with a local area network (LAN).
- Wireless broadband CPE generally refers to devices such as routers, telephones, network switches, set-top boxes, residential gateways (RG), fixed mobile convergence products, Internet access gateways, and home networking adapters.
- The global wireless broadband CPE market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increasing advancement in the telecommunication sector across the globe.
Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market: Dynamics
Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market: Key Drivers
- Surge in demand for extended network coverage among end-users is a major factor likely to accelerate the wireless broadband CPE market in the next few years.
- Additionally, increasing digitalization in various sectors is projected to boost the demand for wireless broadband CPE across the globe.
- Rise in demand for better communication to accomplish a broad range of activities in a more efficient and informed manner across the globe is estimated to boost the growth of the wireless broadband CPE market during the forecast period.
- Increasing adoption of smart technologies, distributed applications, and advent of 5G is anticipated to boost the wireless broadband CPE market.
- Currently, various sectors are focused on wireless technologies, which is expected to create new opportunities for the wireless broadband CPE market during the forecast period.
- However, technology fragmentation and strong competition from low power wide area network (LPWAN) technologies is a major factor projected to hinder the global wireless broadband CPE market in the next few years.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Businesses have been adversely impacted in most countries due to partial or full lockdown and are therefore turning to alternate solutions to run their business. Internet is the main component to run a business remotely. Hence, demand for wireless broadband CPE is expected to increase during the COVID-19 pandemic. This in turn is projected to boost the market in the next few years.
North America to Hold a Major Share of the Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market
- In terms of region, the global wireless broadband CPE market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global wireless broadband CPE market in 2020. The U.S. is the key market in the region due to the increasing adoption of wireless broadband CPE among end-users. In the U.S., around 60% of households have internet connection.
- The wireless broadband CPE market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increasing digitalization, and rising number of smart cities and smart infrastructure projects across China, Japan, and India in the region.
Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and global players are active in the wireless broadband CPE market with a strong presence. Rapid technological advancements have created significant opportunities in the market. Market players are increasingly focusing on acquisition, collaboration, and mergers with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced solutions in order to improve their offerings and reach.
Key Players Operating in the Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market Include:
- Alcatel-Lucent S.A.
- At&T Inc.
- BEC Technologies, Inc. (Billion Electric)
- Ericsson AB
- Harris Corporation
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Inteno Group
- Mitrastar Technology
- Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Nokia Networks
- Tp-Link Technologies
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- Vodafone Group plc
- ZTE Corporation
Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market: Research Scope
Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market, by Component
Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market, by End-user
Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America