Wireless Broadband CPE: Introduction
- Wireless broadband customer-provided equipment or customer-premises equipment (CPE) is used to perform the function of connecting wireless users to a wired router or wired WLAN controller.
- A wireless broadband CPE is connected with a carrier's telecommunication circuit at the demarcation point and located at a subscriber's premises. The wireless broadband CPE enables consumers to access the provider’s communication services and distribute them in a residence or enterprise with a local area network (LAN).
- Wireless broadband CPE generally refers to devices such as routers, telephones, network switches, set-top boxes, residential gateways (RG), fixed mobile convergence products, Internet access gateways, and home networking adapters.
- The global wireless broadband CPE market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increasing advancement in the telecommunication sector across the globe.
Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market: Dynamics
Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market: Key Drivers
- Surge in demand for extended network coverage among end-users is a major factor likely to accelerate the wireless broadband CPE market in the next few years.
- Additionally, increasing digitalization in various sectors is projected to boost the demand for wireless broadband CPE across the globe.
- Rise in demand for better communication to accomplish a broad range of activities in a more efficient and informed manner across the globe is estimated to boost the growth of the wireless broadband CPE market during the forecast period.
- Increasing adoption of smart technologies, distributed applications, and advent of 5G is anticipated to boost the wireless broadband CPE market.
- Currently, various sectors are focused on wireless technologies, which is expected to create new opportunities for the wireless broadband CPE market during the forecast period.
- However, technology fragmentation and strong competition from low power wide area network (LPWAN) technologies is a major factor projected to hinder the global wireless broadband CPE market in the next few years.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Businesses have been adversely impacted in most countries due to partial or full lockdown and are therefore turning to alternate solutions to run their business. Internet is the main component to run a business remotely. Hence, demand for wireless broadband CPE is expected to increase during the COVID-19 pandemic. This in turn is projected to boost the market in the next few years.
North America to Hold a Major Share of the Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market
- In terms of region, the global wireless broadband CPE market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global wireless broadband CPE market in 2020. The U.S. is the key market in the region due to the increasing adoption of wireless broadband CPE among end-users. In the U.S., around 60% of households have internet connection.
- The wireless broadband CPE market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increasing digitalization, and rising number of smart cities and smart infrastructure projects across China, Japan, and India in the region.
Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and global players are active in the wireless broadband CPE market with a strong presence. Rapid technological advancements have created significant opportunities in the market. Market players are increasingly focusing on acquisition, collaboration, and mergers with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced solutions in order to improve their offerings and reach.
Key Players Operating in the Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market Include:
- Alcatel-Lucent S.A.
- At&T Inc.
- BEC Technologies, Inc. (Billion Electric)
- Ericsson AB
- Harris Corporation
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Inteno Group
- Mitrastar Technology
- Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Nokia Networks
- Tp-Link Technologies
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- Vodafone Group plc
- ZTE Corporation
Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market: Research Scope
Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market, by Component
- Outdoor CPE
- Indoor CPE
Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market, by End-user
Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.