Satellite backhaul for wireless and cellular services is being used to expand network coverage over remote and difficult locations. Backhaul via satellite also finds application in emergency communications, backup networks, off-loading cellular traffic and temporary solution in region where cell-towers have not been deployed. The demand for wireless backhaul via satellite is driven by the universal need to stay connected. Further, satellite backhauls are often cheaper than microwave or fiber networks in remote geographical locations. Although, the 2G, 3G, and LTE network coverage continues rapid expansion, many remote regions are not yet covered or are economically unfeasible for the carriers to expand there. Further, growth in mobile work force, in various industries demands satellite connectivity to increase efficiency and safety for operations in locations. Rapidly expanding cell-tower network coverage in various regions including Asia Pacific and Latin America may pose a challenge to the market. Owing to increasing data consumption, the load on cell-towers has boomed in recent years creating the need to off-load via satellite backhaul and this represents an opportunity in this market. Satellite backhaul segments include backhauls for GSM, 3G, WiMAX, and LTE, among others. Satellite backhauling can be done for voice, data or services. The satellite backhauling can be implemented for small cells/hetnets including micro, pico, femto, macro and metro base stations.
Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Africa are expected to experience faster growth owing to lower cellular point-of-presence (POP) coverage, lesser land-line infrastructure, and more remote locations in these regions which require better coverage. North America and Europe are expected to experience comparatively low adoption of satellite backhaul owing to their higher cellular POP coverage. Key players in this market include LM Ericsson, iDirect, Inc., SkyVision Global Networks, Inc., Hughes Network Systems LLC., INTRASKY Offshore SAL, NewSat Ltd., Telefonica S.A., Telespazio VEGA UK Ltd., and Advantech Wireless, Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments