Global Windshield Market For Automotive: Overview
Glass plays an important role in the ability of the vehicle to offer safety and security to its occupants. Automotive glass can improve the safety and security of the occupants in several other ways in addition to its traditional characteristics. Traditionally, the windshield provides a significant amount of strength to the cabin of the vehicle. For instance, in a head-on collision, the windshield provides up to 45% of structural integrity to the cabin of the vehicle, while in a rollover, the structural integrity is up to 60%. The windshield is an integral part of the safety restraint system in the vehicle. It keeps the roof from crushing in on the occupants in a rollover, it allows the airbags to deploy in the correct position to cushion passengers, and prevents passengers from being ejected in a serious collision. In a similar way, tempered glass is treated in order to achieve higher resistance to breakage than simple annealed glass. Tempered glass is also treated in order to break in a more predictable way when it does break, thus providing a major safety advantage in almost all its applications.
Global Windshield Market For Automotive: Drivers and Restraints
The global windshield market is primarily driven by the increase in vehicle production, sales, and vehicle parts. The windshield market for automotive is directly related to the global production of vehicles, as every vehicle is required to be equipped with a windshield Rising production of vehicles is anticipated to drive the windshield market for automotive during the forecasting period. Demand for automotive windshield is also prominent in the aftermarket. The aftermarket for automotive windshield is based on the breakage of the windshield due to accidents, improper maintenance, etc. Currently, special purpose windshields, such as bullet resistance windshields, are also utilized to provide additional safety and security to the occupants of the vehicle.
The windshield market for automotive can be segmented based on glass, material, position, vehicle, sales channel, and region. In terms of glass, the windshield market for automotive can be classified into laminated glass and one more segment. The laminated glass segment in the windshield market is estimated to account for the largest share, by service segment. Various digital systems such as GPS tracking systems, remote diagnostics system, fuel management system, and driver information system are provided as a standard feature in trucks by OEMs. Hence, the expansion of the laminated glass segment is expected to be driven by the increasing use of laminated glasses.
Global Windshield Market For Automotive: Key Segments
Based on material, the windshield market for automotive can be divided into thermoplastic and one more segment. The thermoplastic segment is estimated to hold a major share of the global automotive windshield during the forecasting period. The expansion of the thermoplastic material segment is driven by the increasing usage of laminated safety glass to manufacture front windshields. Based on position, the windshield market for automotive can be split into front wind shield and rear windshield. The front windshield segment is anticipated to expand due to the increasing utilization of glazed and solar reflective windshield to protect against harmful ultraviolet rays emitted from the Sun.
Based on vehicle, the windshield market for automotive can be classified into passenger vehicle and commercial vehicle. The passenger vehicle segment accounted for a major share and dominated the market. Factors such as the reduced penetration of passenger cars, rising disposable income, and increasing middle-class population are estimated to boost the sales of new passenger cars, which in turn is anticipated to boost the automotive windshield market.
In terms of sales channel, the windshield market for automotive can be segregated into OEM and other segment. The OEM segment accounted for a prominent share of the market owing to the rapid improvement in vehicle safety features provided by manufacturers. The other segment is expected to expand at a sluggish pace due to the improving efficiency of products on the manufacturing end. However, increasing cases of accidents worldwide is expected to propel the other segment of the market during the forecast period.
In terms of geography, the windshield market for automotive can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Asia Pacific is the dominant market for the automotive sector; India, China, and Japan account for a leading share, led by the increase in production of vehicles in these countries. Furthermore, increase in spending on road infrastructure and rise in manufacturing activities in Asia Pacific are expected to augment the demand for commercial and passenger vehicles. This, in turn, is anticipated to boost the windshield market for automotive during the forecast period.
Global Windshield Market For Automotive: Key Players
Key players operating in the global windshield market for automotive are Asahi Glass, Saint-Gobain, Xinyi Glass, Fuyao Glass, Nippon Sheet Glass, Shenzhen Automobile, Vitro, and Central Glass.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.