Wind Turbine Gearbox Repair and Refurbishment
- Installation of wind turbines has been increasing significantly for the last few years. Wind turbines provide cleaner and cheaper energy vis-à-vis fossil fuel; consequently, the demand for wind turbines has been rising globally.
- The wind turbine gearbox is a key component of the wind mill. Demand for wind turbine gearbox repair and refurbishment is rising owing to an increase in the number of aging wind turbines.
- Especially, wind turbines operating in harsh weather conditions are more likely to require gearbox repair and refurbishment. Vibration analysis is an effective technique to monitor the condition of the gears and determine the root cause of equipment failure.
Key Drivers of Global Wind Turbine Gearbox Repair and Refurbishment Market
- The global wind turbine gearbox repair and refurbishment market has been expanding owing to rise in industrialization and urbanization globally. This is boosting the demand for energy across the globe. Investments in offshore wind energy have also been rising at a rapid pace across the globe.
- Rise of government initiatives to promote wind energy in rural areas is also anticipated to boost the demand for wind turbine gearbox repair and refurbishment in the near future
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Wind Turbine Gearbox Repair and Refurbishment Market
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The spread of coronavirus has disrupted the maintenance schedule of the wind turbine. The pandemic has hampered the supply of raw materials and labor in the market. Ongoing renewable projects are at a standstill due to unavailability of labor, while new projects are being delayed. Most manufacturers are focused on the adoption of new strategies to reform their business models.
- On October 21, 2020, NGC, a global expert in wind turbine gearboxes and power transmission solutions, introduced a new national key R&D project, “key technologies in lightweight high-linear-velocity gear transmission systems”, with the NGC’s subsidiary Nanjing High Speed & Accurate Gear (Group) Co., Ltd. serving as the project’s leading unit. The goal of the “key technologies in lightweight high-linear-velocity gear transmission systems” project is to research lightweight high-linear-velocity lightweight gear transmission systems, the optimization of their dynamics, their top-down design, efficient lubrication, intensity improvement, and verification of their applications in the fields of aviation and turbine motors as well as other major technical systems.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Wind Turbine Gearbox Repair and Refurbishment Market
- Based on region, the global wind turbine gearbox repair and refurbishment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe dominated the global wind turbine gearbox repair and refurbishment market in 2019, owing to high investment in the renewable energy sector. Countries in the region are focused on generation of energy via renewable sources in order to achieve the 2020 renewable energy target. Investments in offshore wind energy are also rising in Europe.
- North America is likely to account for vital share of the global wind turbine gearbox repair and refurbishment market during the forecast period. The region is investing significantly in various sources of renewable energy. After China, the U.S. has a prominent installed base of wind energy in the world.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a highly attractive region of the global market during the forecast period, owing to significant investment in wind energy in the region. Investments in the renewable energy sector are increasing at a rapid pace in countries such as China, India, and Japan in Asia Pacific. This is anticipated to drive the market in the region. China has the highest installed base of wind power in the world.
- The market in Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period. The region is focusing on development of the renewable energy sector.
- The market in Latin America is likely to be expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period owing to low investments in the renewable sector in the region
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players Operating in Market
Major players operating in the global wind turbine gearbox repair and refurbishment market include:
- Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A.
- Dana Motion Systems Italia
- ME PRODUCTION
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Turbine Repair Solutions
- Grenaa Motorfabrik A/S
- ENERCON GmbH
- Connected Wind Services.
- H&N Wind, A Brand of The Timken Company
Global Wind Turbine Gearbox Repair and Refurbishment Market: Research Scope
Global Wind Turbine Gearbox Repair and Refurbishment Market, by Type
Global Wind Turbine Gearbox Repair and Refurbishment Market, by Application
Global Wind Turbine Gearbox Repair and Refurbishment Market, by Service Provider
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.