Wind Turbine Brakes
- Installation of wind turbines has increased significantly over the last few years. Wind turbines provide cleaner and cheaper energy vis-à-vis fossil fuel; as a result, demand for wind turbine has been rising globally.
- Wind turbine brakes are placed next to the gearbox that reduces the rotational speed of the blade assembly. The brakes stop the blade so that it does not rotate in the case of power transmission maintenance, power generator rest, and during an emergency.
- Wind turbine brakes are classified with the component certification IEC61400-22, and need to be designed and tested using IEC61400-22 conformity testing and certification
- Wind turbine brakes are categorized into hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical brakes. The brake material is selected depending on the coefficient of friction.
Key Drivers of Global Wind Turbine Brakes Market
- The global wind turbine brakes market has been expanding owing to rise in industrialization and urbanization globally. This is boosting the demand for energy across the globe. Investments in offshore wind energy have also been rising at a rapid pace across the globe.
- Rise in government initiatives in renewable energy in rural areas is also anticipated to boost the demand for wind turbine brakes in the near future
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The spread of coronavirus has disrupted the supply chain of the wind turbine brakes market. The pandemic has hampered the supply of raw materials and labor in the market. Ongoing renewable projects are at a standstill due to unavailability of labor, while new projects are being delayed. Most manufacturers are focused on the adoption of new strategies to reform their business models.
- On May 17, 2019, Dellner Bubenzer Group launched wind energy related products at American Wind Energy Association (AWEA). The company launched a range of rotor, yaw and pitch motor brakes, sliding bearings, and rotor locks for wind turbines in the Dellner Brakes and Pintsch Bubenzer brands. The Dellner Brakes range includes the JHS product line that became part of the Dellner Brakes portfolio following the acquisition of JHS, a Germany-based wind brake specialist in August 2018.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Wind Turbine Brakes Market
- Based on region, the global wind turbine brakes market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global wind turbine brakes market in 2019 owing to significant investment in the wind energy in the region. Investments in the renewable energy sector are increasing at a rapid pace in countries such as China, India, and Japan in Asia Pacific. This is anticipated to drive the market in the region. China has the highest installed base of wind power in the world.
- North America is likely to account for vital share of the global wind turbine brakes market during the forecast period. The region is investing significantly in various sources of renewable energy. After China, the U.S. has the largest installed base of wind energy in the world.
- Europe is anticipated to be a highly attractive region of the market during the forecast period, owing to rising investment in the renewable energy sector. Countries in the region are focused on generation of energy via renewable sources in order to achieve the 2020 renewable energy target. Investments in offshore wind energy are also rising in Europe.
- The market in Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period. The region is focusing on development of the renewable energy sector.
- The market in Latin America is likely to be expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period owing to low investments in the renewable sector in the region
Key Players Operating in Market
Major players operating in the global wind turbine brakes market include:
- ALIAN HUARUI HEAVY INDUSTRY INDIA COMPANY PRIVATE LIMITED
- ICP Wind
- Dellner Bubenzer Group
- W.C. Branham, Inc.
- Industrial Clutch Parts
- PINTSCH BUBENZER GmbH
- iZanda Portable Machines Tools S.L.
- COHORT Manufacturing Ltd
- KTR Systems GmbH
- Altra Industrial Motion Corp.
- KOR-PAK Corporation
Global Wind Turbine Brakes Market: Research Scope
Global Wind Turbine Brakes Market, by Material
Global Wind Turbine Brakes Market, by Application
Global Wind Turbine Brakes Market, by Installation
Global Wind Turbine Brakes Market, by Type
Global Wind Turbine Brakes Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!