Wind Rotor Blade Material Market: Increasing Investments in Wind Energy
- The wind power industry has been gaining momentum in the last few years globally. This trend is likely to continue for the next five years, and according to Global Wind Energy Council, the installed capacity is anticipated to double in that period.
- The rate of installation is increasing due to a rise in investment in renewable sources of energy, globally, and manufacture of wind turbines with large blades and developing offshore wind market.
- The wind industry has been witnessing an increase in the length of blades, by approximately 6.5 feet per year, since the last few years. This helps lower the cost of energy and allows the industry to increase output by using bigger turbines.
- However, increase in the size of the blades leads to issues regarding stability and reliability and concerns about the material used for the manufacture of the blades
- The rotor blade material should be lightweight, flexible, and possess high strength, which can be provided by special advanced and composite materials
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Wind Rotor Blade Material Market, request a Report Brochure here.
- Composite materials are highly preferred for the manufacture of wind rotor blades, as composites are made of two or more materials having varied physical and chemical properties. When combined together, the obtained material is stronger and more durable.
- Composite materials used for wind turbine blade comprise resins of carbon fiber reinforced epoxy, glass fiber reinforced polyester, and glass fiber reinforced epoxy.
- The combination of resin matrix with glass fibers results in composites that are corrosion-resistant, strong, dimensionally stable, and lightweight. They also offer high die-electric strength, good design flexibility, and can be manufactured at a low cost.
- High strength materials, such as carbon fiber and epoxies, are specially utilized for high performance blades. The composite material also helps ease the repair and maintenance of the wind rotor blade, as compared to blades made of traditional metals.
- The material accounts for around 80% to 90% of the manufacturing cost of the wind rotor blade; hence, considerable research and development activities are carried out on wind rotor blade materials.
Key Driver of Wind Rotor Blade Material Market
- Increasing investments in renewable sources of energy is a major driver of the wind rotor blade material market. Government bodies are promoting and providing subsidies on installation of windmills, which is likely to boost installation and fuel annual energy production. Number of offshore wind projects are increasing due to the availability of high velocity air and large-sized blade turbines can be installed, resulting in increased energy generation.
- TPI Composites, Inc., a U.S.-based independent manufacturer of composite wind blades, signed a multiyear supply agreement with Vestas Wind Systems A/S to provide blades. The blades would be produced at a new production facility in the greater Chennai region in India, which is expected to commence production in the first quarter of 2020.
Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of global wind rotor blade material market
- In terms of geography, the wind rotor blade material market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in Asia Pacific held a significant share of the global wind rotor blade material market during the forecast period, as the region is home to rich sources of raw materials. Furthermore, the region has largest installed base of wind energy especially in China and India.
- Moreover, the wind rotor blade material market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due the increasing investment in renewable sources of energy in the region
- The wind rotor blade material market in Europe and North America is projected to hold a moderate share of the global market, as the market in these regions is mature and have a high number of installed base as well
- The wind rotor blade material market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Wind Rotor Blade Material Market here
Key Players Operating in the Wind Rotor Blade Material Market:
The top companies operating in the wind rotor blade material market are:
- LM Wind Power
- Hexcel Corporation
- Xingtai Jinniu FB Glass
- 3B - the fibreglass company
- Exel Group
- VESTAS WIND SYSTEMS A/S
- Suzlon Energy Limited
- Nordex SE
Global Wind Rotor Blade Material Market: Research Scope
Global Wind Rotor Blade Material Market, by Material
- Carbon Fiber
- Glass Fiber
- Other Blade Materials
Global Wind Rotor Blade Material Market, by Application
Global Wind Rotor Blade Material Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.