Global Whooping Cough Treatment Market: Introduction
- Whooping cough, also called Pertussis, is a highly communicable respiratory disease. It is caused by the bacterium Bordetella pertussis.
- Mild coughing, sneezing, runny nose, and low fever are the symptoms of whooping cough
- After around 1 to 2 weeks, the dry, irritating cough converts into coughing spells. At the end of a spell, the child may make the characteristic whooping sound when breathing in or may vomit.
- In teens and adults, whooping cough can lead to pneumonia
- Early treatment for whooping cough is highly important, usually whooping cough is treated by antibiotics. Treatment can also help prevent the spread of the disease to close contacts. Whooping cough can sometimes be very serious, requiring treatment in the hospital. Babies are at a greatest risk for serious complications from whooping cough.
Global Whooping Cough Treatment Market: Key Drivers
- Rise in prevalence of respiratory infectious diseases is projected to drive the global whooping cough treatment market
- Respiratory diseases are highly communicable and can spread rapidly from person-to-person through contact with airborne droplets. Studies showed that one infected person can transmit B. pertussis to as many as 12 to 17 other susceptible persons.
- In developed and developing countries, climatic factors such as temperature and humidity may play an important role in transmission. Moreover, increase in population may act as important drivers for pertussis transmission. These factors are projected to boost the market during the forecast period.
- According to WHO (World Health Organization), 24.1 million pertussis cases and 160,700 deaths in children younger than 5 years are recorded worldwide
- Increasing prevalence of pneumonia is another key factor driving the whooping cough treatment market
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Whooping Cough Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global whooping cough treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global whooping cough treatment market during the forecast period due to an increase in burden of COVID-19, advanced health care infrastructure, and rising prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, flu diseases, whooping cough, and other respiratory infections.
- Key factors that boost the whooping cough treatment market in North America also include substantial awareness for respiratory diseases and favorable insurance policies for coverage of chronic respiratory diseases in the region
- Europe accounts for the second-largest share of the global whooping cough treatment. According to NIH, incidence of Pertussis in adults is increasing in Europe. Therefore, rising cases of whooping cough is boosting the need for treatment across the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to the presence of key players involved in manufacturing generic drugs for the treatment of the disease in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Whooping Cough Treatment Market
Major players operating in the global whooping cough treatment market are:
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Ipca Laboratories
- Cipla Inc
- Zydus Cadila
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Novartis AG
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Global Whooping Cough Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Whooping Cough Treatment Market, by Patient Type
Global Whooping Cough Treatment Market, by Drug Type
- Prescription Drugs
- Cough syrups
- Cough Medicine
Global Whooping Cough Treatment Market, by End-user
- Paediatric clinics
Global Whooping Cough Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.