White Wine Market: A wine made by fermentation of grapes
- White wine is a type of wine that is made by fermentation of grapes after removing grapes skin. It has yellow-green, straw-yellow, or yellow-gold color. It is made from both, red or white grapes fermented after removing the skin of the grapes.
- White wine is processed by fermentation of juice in tanks by setting it on a low temperature to preserve its essence. During this process, yeast and sugar are added in the grape juice to convert it in the form of alcohol. This alcoholic juice is clarify to separate it from unwanted sediment. After the clarification process, white wine is added with carbon dioxide and store in the bottle, can or other packaging material.
- White wine is found to be the most popular choice of alcoholic beverage among the users in celebrations, romantic dates, and meal. This is expected to drive the market in coming years.
Rise in Consumption of Wine & Innovative Packaging Design are driving factors for global white wine market
- Exponential increase in the number of wine consumers across the globe is a prime reason for the growth of the white wine market. User preference for white wine produced in an environment-friendly way is supporting the growth of the global white wine market. Moreover, online sales of wine is increasing direct-to-consumer (D2C) sales of white wine. This is driving the white wine market across the globe.
- White wine manufacturing companies are emphasizing on packaging of white wines in screw-tops or in single-serve bottles. In fact, screw-tops are found to be most popular. White wine is also popular for special occasions for gifting purpose. Online sales of white wine is growing, especially in outlets and major supermarket chains.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Stringent Trade Policies and Regulations and Prohibition on consumption of white wine hampers the market
- In Islamic countries, white wine is prohibited to consume as per their law. Moreover, heavy tariff duty imposed on export of white wine has increased the prices of the product. This is expected to act as barrier in market growth. Developing countries with complicated laws under federal and state legislative bodies will pose challenges for the market. Furthermore, availability of white wine substitutes in the market, such as red wine, champagne, and port wine, among others, is expected to hinder the growth of the white wine market across the globe.
Europe holds a major share of global white wine market
- Geographically, the global white wine market can be divided into five regions: North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA).
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the white wine market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the white wine market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America white wine market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- Europe holds a major share of the white wine market. Increase in number of wine festivals in countries such as U.K., Germany, France etc. is projected to increase the demand of white wine in the forecast period.
- However, Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a fastest growth rate during the forecast period, as there is rise in consumption of white consumption in the near future.
Key Players Operating in the global white wine market:
The presence of international as well as emerging players across the globe targeting end-users with unique marketing strategies is expected to fuel the demand for white wine during the forecast period.
Major manufacturers operating in the white wine market focus on the development of new product with respect to its taste and innovative packaging designs
Emerging players in the market focus on collaborations with retailing channels to enhance sales of white wine. In addition, players across the globe are selling organic wines at competitive prices. A few of the key players operating in the global white wine market are:
- Changyu Pioneer Wine Co. Inc.,
- Constellation Brands, Inc.
- E&J Gallo Winery
- Viña Concha y Toro SA
- Grupo Penaflor S.A.
- The Wine Group
- Accolade Wines Australia Limited
- Casella Family Brands
- Treasury Wine Estates.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in White Wine market, ask for a customized report
Global White Wine Market: Research Scope
Global White Wine Market: by type
- Pinot Grigio
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Others (Gewurztraminer, Semillon, etc.)
Global White Wine Market: by end-use
Global White Wine Market: by distribution channel
- Online Channel
- Offline Channel
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Convenience Stores
The report on the global white wine market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by market analysts, and inputs from market experts and market participants across the value chain. The market report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness of each segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on different segments of the market across regions.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.