White Fused Alumina: Introduction
- Calcined alumina, also known as corundum or alpha alumina, is an essential raw material used in the manufacture of white fused alumina. White fused alumina is the purest form of alumina, produced by fusing calcined alumina in electric arc furnaces at a temperature of about 2,000°C. White fused alumina possesses excellent properties such as hardness, purity, chemical stability, melting point, and large crystal size. It is primarily used in specific refractory applications such as high tech refractory castables, isostatic pressed refractories, and pre-cast refractory shapes owing to its high purity. White fused alumina possesses high alumina content, low impurities, and stability at high temperatures. It is commercially available in block, grain, and powder forms. Particle shapes of white fused alumina vary from angular, blocky, sharp, and irregular. These particle shapes affect the performance of the product.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global White Fused Alumina Market
The white fused alumina market has developed significantly in the recent years. This can be primarily ascribed to the high performance and increasing recognition of white fused alumina in various applications. White fused alumina is also applied for degreasing, de-oiling, texturing, descaling, discoloration removal, and roughening applications. White fused alumina plays an important role in addressing several issues associated with heat, abrasion, purity, chemical stability, refractoriness, and corrosion. Rise in usage of white fused alumina in refractory and ceramic industries is expected to propel the white fused alumina market during the forecast period.
- White fused alumina-based abrasives are increasingly used to manufacture products such as cutting-off and grinding wheels, snagging wheels, mounted wheels, honing stones, and construction plugs & cones. This is anticipated to boost the demand for white fused alumina.
White Fused Alumina: Grade Segment
- In terms of grade, the global white fused alumina market can be segmented into refractory, ceramic, and abrasive
- The refractory segment is expected to account for significant share of the global white fused alumina market during the forecast period. It is anticipated to be followed by the ceramic segment.
- The abrasive segment is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the expansion of the materials industry around the globe
White Fused Alumina: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global white fused alumina market can be segregated into abrasives, abrasion protection, metalworking processes, refractories, engineered ceramics, pressure blasting, and others
- The refractories segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. It is projected to be followed by the abrasion protection segment.
- The engineered ceramic segment is likely to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period due to its properties such as oxidation resistance, fracture toughness, wear resistance, and corrosion resistance
COVID-19 Impact on White Fused Alumina Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe has come to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the white fused alumina market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate White Fused Alumina Market
- In terms of region, the global white fused alumina market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the white fused alumina market in 2020. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the presence of large metal processors and ceramic manufacturers in the region. The white fused alumina market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the rise in industrialization in countries such as China and Japan.
- The white fused alumina market in North America is also estimated to expand at a significant pace owing to the rise in demand for white fused alumina in the construction industry in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global White Fused Alumina Market
The global white fused alumina market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global white fused alumina market include:
- Saint-Gobain Ceramic Materials
- Nippon Light Metal Co., Ltd.
- SHOWA DENKO K.K.
- Richard Baker Harrison Limited
- Elfusa (Curimbaba Group)
- Washington Mills
- Electro Abrasives, LLC
- Imerys Refractory Minerals
- Henan Ruishi Renewable Resources Group Co., Ltd.
- Yichuan Shengyu Abrasives Co. Limited
- Zhengzhou whale refractory co., LTD
- Guizhou Dazhong Qisha
- Shanmenxia Fused Corundum
- Henan Yilong High & New Materials
Global White Fused Alumina Market: Research Scope
Global White Fused Alumina Market, by Grade
Global White Fused Alumina Market, by Application
- Abrasion Protection
- Metalworking Processes
- Engineered Ceramics
- Pressure Blasting
Global White Fused Alumina Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.