White Carbon Market: Introduction
- White carbon is commonly known as chaoite, which is a mineral described as an allotrope of carbon whose existence is disputed
- White carbon is slightly harder than graphite, with a reflection color of grey to white. From its electron diffraction pattern, the mineral is considered to have a carbine structure, the linear acetylene carbon allotrope of carbon.
- White carbon is used as a reinforcing filler material for synthetic and polymer materials in tire, chemical, light industries, industrial rubber goods, and other industries
- White carbon provides thixotropy, reinforcement, and promotes adhesion as well as serves as an extender, thereby raising quality and lowering cost
- It also imparts high slip resistance to rubbers based on chloroprene and butadiene-nitrile
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the White Carbon Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global White Carbon Market
- White carbon increases durability and strength of rubber products used in numerous applications, such as engine mounts, belt & hoses in automobiles, conveyor belts, thus increasing the use of rubber products in various applications
- It is used as high-performance flatting agent, thickening agent, and anti-corrosion pigment to improve the performance, workability, and sustainability of coatings, paints, inks, adhesives, and sealants. Increase in demand for coatings and adhesives for use in automotive, construction, packaging, furniture, footwear, and pressure-sensitive applications is the primary factor driving the white carbon market.
- White carbon, when used with carbon black can increase the efficiency of automotive vehicles, which, in turn, can support the growth of white carbon market
Opportunities in Global White Carbon Market
- White carbon powder for tire fillers are commercially produced through precipitation of sodium carbonate, which is conventionally produced by high temperature fusion of sodium carbonate and quartz that requires less energy output and is not economically viable. Thus, the development of less energy-intensive technologies for commercial production would significantly contribute to the expansion of industrial application, especially to be used as reinforcing filler material in the tire for the rubber industry.
- White carbon, in combination with silane enables manufacturers to produce tires with greatly reduced rolling resistance that yield fuel savings up to 8%. Experts suggest that market of low rolling resistance tires eventually help automotive manufacturers to increase their sales output globally.
- In December 2016, Evonik Industries announced that it would build US$ 120 Mn silica plant near Charleston, South Carolina, the U.S. in response to the high demand for precipitated silica from the tire industry in North America. With this expansion, the company aims to strengthen its position as a global automotive supplier.
- RV Technologies collaborated with Tricentris for the transformation of used glass to precipitated silica commonly called as white carbon.
- In August 2019, Evonik Business Line Silica launched a new specialty product, SPHERILEX 145, for the oral care industry. SPHERILEX 145 is expected to be the new solution for toothpaste formulators.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in White Carbon Market, ask for a customized report
Global White Carbon Market: Research Scope
Global White Carbon Market, by End-user
- Paints & Coatings
- Rubber (Tires)
- Personal care
- Electrical & Electronics
- Food & Beverages
Global White Carbon Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.