Whirlpool Turbine Market: Introduction
- Whirlpool turbine is a low-pressure turbine fitted with a submersible generator, which generates electricity that is sufficient to power up to 60 houses 24/7 without harming the environment
- Whirlpool turbine installation requires a 1.5 m height difference in water level. Whirlpool turbine can be installed in most rivers and canals. It uses the flowing water to produce eddy current, which, in turn, generates electricity.
- Whirlpool turbine is also cheaper to install than conventional hydro plants. Construction of conventional hydro plants entails big dams or tunnels. These require significant investments.
- In whirlpool turbine, the flow of the water creates a vortex that turns the rotor, which eventually extracts the energy from the water and generates electricity by making use of a submersible generator
- Whirlpool turbine is constructed in such a way that its design allows fish and other animal life to pass through the turbine unhurt
Key Drivers of Whirlpool Turbine Market
- Retail, residential, and commercial electricity rates are inherently volatile, and electricity prices fluctuate seasonally. Electricity prices have risen enormously over the last decade. Prices are poised to increase further during the forecast period. Hence, employing whirlpool turbines for mass scale production of electricity could be a major breakthrough.
- Implementation of governmental regulations in developing countries to reduce the amount of carbon oxide and greenhouse gases (GHG) emissions from burning of conventional crude oil to produce electricity is one of the major factors expected to drive the global whirlpool turbine market. Additionally, demand for exploration of sustainable and clean sources for energy is high, as the world is striving to limit emissions and reach the target of net zero carbon emissions.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Restraints of Whirlpool Turbine Market
- Numerous advantages are associated with the usage of whirlpool turbine for electricity generation. However, there are certain limitations associated with whirlpool turbines. For instance, the biggest model of whirlpool turbine can only energize around 170 households or around 500 remote community households. Thus, the maximum amount of power that whirlpool turbine can generate remains unanswered.
- Water freezing is another other challenge for whirlpool turbine, as the turbine would stop working only if the water freezes. However, this is not a major limitation, as running water rarely freezes.
- In January 2018, Turbulent installed 15 kW Vortex turbine in Doñihue, Chile. The installation provides electricity to a local avicultural farm, and was built with the help of the company’s engineers and local Chilean workers
- Turbulent installed a 13 kW Vortex turbine in Bali, Indonesia. Under this project, the turbine was inserted into a pre-existing concrete basin, which was custom-designed to spin in a counter-clockwise direction. The installation supplies reliable energy to the Green School, a world famous sustainable school located next to the Ayung River in Bali, Indonesia.
- The biggest operational ongoing project installation is expected to be the 100+500 kW vortex plant, in Yilan, Taiwan. Installed in the Annong river, the project is expected to generate a total of 600 kW of continuous power from separate core units.
- Turbulent has consolidated ongoing projects such as those in Mindanao, the Philippines (120-150 kW); Versailles, France (5.5 kW); and Cunco, Chile (5kW)
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Whirlpool Turbine Market
- Based on region, the global whirlpool turbine market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to dominate the global whirlpool turbine market due to rapid industrialization and urbanization in developing countries such as India and China
- Migration activities have increased in India, China, and its neighboring countries over the last few years. This has boosted the need for additional electricity, primarily in rural areas of these countries.
- North America is expected to be a high potential region of the global whirlpool turbine market in the near future. Over the last decade, major companies in the region have invested significantly in renewable energy. Companies in the U.S. have purchased a record 6.43 gigawatts (GW) of renewable power, enough to power more than 1.5 million homes each year. This was more than double the previous record of 3.22 GW in 2015.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Whirlpool Turbine Market
- Turbulent is the major player operating in the global whirlpool turbine market
Global Whirlpool Turbine Market, by Installed Capacity
- 5-50 kW
- 51-250 kW
- 251-500 kW
Global Whirlpool Turbine Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.