Whirlpool Turbine Market: Introduction
- Whirlpool turbine is a low-pressure turbine fitted with a submersible generator, which generates electricity that is sufficient to power up to 60 houses 24/7 without harming the environment
- Whirlpool turbine installation requires a 1.5 m height difference in water level. Whirlpool turbine can be installed in most rivers and canals. It uses the flowing water to produce eddy current, which, in turn, generates electricity.
- Whirlpool turbine is also cheaper to install than conventional hydro plants. Construction of conventional hydro plants entails big dams or tunnels. These require significant investments.
- In whirlpool turbine, the flow of the water creates a vortex that turns the rotor, which eventually extracts the energy from the water and generates electricity by making use of a submersible generator
- Whirlpool turbine is constructed in such a way that its design allows fish and other animal life to pass through the turbine unhurt
Key Drivers of Whirlpool Turbine Market
- Retail, residential, and commercial electricity rates are inherently volatile, and electricity prices fluctuate seasonally. Electricity prices have risen enormously over the last decade. Prices are poised to increase further during the forecast period. Hence, employing whirlpool turbines for mass scale production of electricity could be a major breakthrough.
- Implementation of governmental regulations in developing countries to reduce the amount of carbon oxide and greenhouse gases (GHG) emissions from burning of conventional crude oil to produce electricity is one of the major factors expected to drive the global whirlpool turbine market. Additionally, demand for exploration of sustainable and clean sources for energy is high, as the world is striving to limit emissions and reach the target of net zero carbon emissions.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Restraints of Whirlpool Turbine Market
- Numerous advantages are associated with the usage of whirlpool turbine for electricity generation. However, there are certain limitations associated with whirlpool turbines. For instance, the biggest model of whirlpool turbine can only energize around 170 households or around 500 remote community households. Thus, the maximum amount of power that whirlpool turbine can generate remains unanswered.
- Water freezing is another other challenge for whirlpool turbine, as the turbine would stop working only if the water freezes. However, this is not a major limitation, as running water rarely freezes.
- In January 2018, Turbulent installed 15 kW Vortex turbine in Doñihue, Chile. The installation provides electricity to a local avicultural farm, and was built with the help of the company’s engineers and local Chilean workers
- Turbulent installed a 13 kW Vortex turbine in Bali, Indonesia. Under this project, the turbine was inserted into a pre-existing concrete basin, which was custom-designed to spin in a counter-clockwise direction. The installation supplies reliable energy to the Green School, a world famous sustainable school located next to the Ayung River in Bali, Indonesia.
- The biggest operational ongoing project installation is expected to be the 100+500 kW vortex plant, in Yilan, Taiwan. Installed in the Annong river, the project is expected to generate a total of 600 kW of continuous power from separate core units.
- Turbulent has consolidated ongoing projects such as those in Mindanao, the Philippines (120-150 kW); Versailles, France (5.5 kW); and Cunco, Chile (5kW)
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Whirlpool Turbine Market
- Based on region, the global whirlpool turbine market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to dominate the global whirlpool turbine market due to rapid industrialization and urbanization in developing countries such as India and China
- Migration activities have increased in India, China, and its neighboring countries over the last few years. This has boosted the need for additional electricity, primarily in rural areas of these countries.
- North America is expected to be a high potential region of the global whirlpool turbine market in the near future. Over the last decade, major companies in the region have invested significantly in renewable energy. Companies in the U.S. have purchased a record 6.43 gigawatts (GW) of renewable power, enough to power more than 1.5 million homes each year. This was more than double the previous record of 3.22 GW in 2015.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Whirlpool Turbine Market
- Turbulent is the major player operating in the global whirlpool turbine market
Global Whirlpool Turbine Market, by Installed Capacity
- 5-50 kW
- 51-250 kW
- 251-500 kW
Global Whirlpool Turbine Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.