Global Wheelchair and Components Market: Overview
The wheelchair and components market are extremely fragmented. The global market is competitive in nature, and companies are usually competing on the basis of factors like innovations, price, and quality. The development in services of after treatment is one of the prime aspects boosting the wheelchair and components market. For post-treatment facilities like intensive, critical, and neonatal care, the patients are held under observation and unfit to move without help. These patients need powered mobility gadgets and propelled attendant, driving the interest for enhanced clinical mobility items by post-treatment service units. Based on the powered, criticality, or manual wheelchairs are majorly utilized as patient transfer gadget in hospitals and other medical clinics. This is driving the interest for wheelchairs and components market.
Global Wheelchair and Components Market: Notable Development
- As stated by WHO, the wheelchair is a standout amongst the most normally utilized assistive gadgets for improving the personal mobility of people with inabilities. An expected 1% of the total populace, or a little more than 65 mn individuals, need a wheelchair. In most emerging nations, few of the individuals who need wheelchairs have access, manufacturing services are lacking, and wheelchairs are regularly donated without the vital related facilities.
- It is assessed that there are in excess of 70 million individuals overall who require wheelchairs, yet just 5-15% of individuals have access. Individuals in emerging economies regularly rely upon the donation of wheelchairs, which are usually of low quality and not appropriate either for the consumers or for their condition. Rehabilitation and health professionals are not constantly prepared properly to guarantee individuals with disabilities have a quality wheelchair.
- After broad professional consultations, field tests and an expert survey, WHO came in association with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Combinedly, they have developed the Wheelchair Service Training Package which is for the basic level. World Health Organization has also developed the Wheelchair Service Training Package which is for the intermediate level that has been launched in June 2013.
Key market players in the wheelchair and components market are the Handicare, Panthera X, Sunrise Medical, Invacare Corp., and Pride Mobility Products Corp. These prime enterprises are presenting quick advances with the goal that their portfolio is extended everywhere throughout the wheelchairs and components market. The principle reason behind such developments is the way that end users may get an autonomous way of life regardless of their inabilities.
Global Wheelchair and Components Market: Key Drivers
Expanding maturing populace and expanding weaknesses to serious wounds will remain the essential impetus for the wheelchair and components market. Rising occurrences of road accidents prompting towards serious wounds are projected to fuel the interest for wheelchairs and components market.
Rising occurrences of spinal cord wounds results in handicap is likewise foreseen to continue the demand for the wheelchairs and components market universally. Positive government activities and investing on programs for wheelchairs will bolster the market.
Global Wheelchair and Components Market: Geographical Distribution
Geographically, the wheelchair and components market are led by North America and are expected has the maximum revenue shares of the wheelchair and components market. On the other hand, the Asia Pacific will have the highest growth of the wheelchair and components market in the forthcoming year. This is owing to increasing government investments, along with it, the corporate funding to standardize the wheelchair and components market in the region.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.