Wheatgrass Powder: Market outlook
Wheatgrass powder contains a wide variety of nutrients such as calcium, iron, enzymes, vitamin A, C, E, K and B complex and phytonutrients. This has thus increased its demand in the market in consumable forms. The applications of the wheatgrass powder are in the functional beverages industry, nutraceuticals and in the cosmetics and personal healthcare industries globally. Wheatgrass contains chlorophyll, whose composition is similar to that of hemoglobin in the human body which is responsible to transport oxygen. So when chlorophyll is consumed, it performs the action of hemoglobin. Thus the cancer patients have started consuming wheatgrass powder and also research is going on in many places regarding this.
Growing demands for Wheatgrass powder due to increase in health conscious consumers
Wheatgrass powder is consumed by many people due to its health benefits. It has been known to have many benefits such as boosting the immunity, lowering the cholesterol and blood pressure of the body, helping with diabetes, arthritis etc. These benefits obtained are seen and thus the demand for this powder is increasing.
The advantage of the wheatgrass powder is that the wheatgrass can be easily grown in the any region of the world due to it being drought resistant, perennial and can be grown in any kind of soil. Also it is low maintenance, low cost and can be produced in a short amount of time.
The wheatgrass powder market is seen to be rising due to the increasing healthy lifestyles of people and they do not have any side effects. Thus people are opting for wheatgrass powder in their day to day diet globally by looking at the benefits it has on the ailments that are commonly occurring due to urbanization.
Also due to its benefits and ever increasing demands, the powder is being used up by many of the industries. The nutraceutical industry, is producing capsules of wheatgrass powder. The functional beverage industries are using wheatgrass powder to produce juices or concentrates in tetra packs and bottles. Also the wheatgrass powder is being mixed with other powder such as barley, alfalfa etc. to produce a nutritionally healthy powder that can be consumed to obtain very good results.
Wheatgrass powder: Segmentation
On the basis of nature, the global wheatgrass powder market has been segmented as-
On the basis of packaging, the global wheatgrass powder market has been segmented as-
On the basis of end use, the global wheatgrass powder market has been segmented as-
- Functional Beverages
- Personal Care Cosmetics
- Pet Food
On the basis of distribution channel, the global wheatgrass powder market has been segmented as-
- Hypermarkets/ Supermarkets
- Specialty store
- Online retailers
Wheatgrass powder: Key Players
Some of the leading players of global Wheatgrass powder market include Pines International, Inc., Grass Advantage LLC (Glanbia PLC), The Synergy Company, Terrasoul Superfoods LLC, Nature Bell, Girmes Wheatgrass, Herbco International Inc..
More industrialists are showing a keen interest in developing Wheatgrass powder and its products due to its low production cost and easy availability.
Wheatgrass Powder: Key Market Developments
- Amazing grass, a brand of Grass Advantage LLC, was acquired by Glanbia PLC in 2017. Glanbia PLC is a global nutrition group with operations in 32 countries. Amazing grass was mostly located in North America and this merger will help for the company to reach new regions and consumers.
- Girme’s Wheatgrass, is a company established in 2005, that exports Wheatgrass powder to more than 40 countries worldwide. It has got the certifications of India Organic and USDA Organic Certified Wheatgrass Powder and HACCP Certified Wheat Grass Powder processing unit.
Wheatgrass Powder: Market Opportunities
The wheatgrass powder is being used up by many industries such as nutraceuticals, beverages and also by many skincare industries due to its application in natural detox as it removes toxins out of the body. But a new application seen in the pet food industry. The snacks for pets are being made using wheatgrass powder. This market has not fully emerged and only a few companies are producing this. Wheatgrass powder helps balance out the nutrients given to the pets and thus they are being introduced into the diet.
Also, a research has been made on using wheatgrass powder as feed for Asian catfish fry and results show us that wheatgrass powder can be used as a fish feed ingredient during the nursery stage for better growth and high survival rate of the fish in the future along with the higher protein percentage. This has not been commercialized yet and more research is being carried on this for other species of fishes.
Wheatgrass Powder: Brief Approach to Research
The analysis will be done on the modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate the data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the origin, source and distribution channel of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sale of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market size.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our wheatgrass powder market report include:
- An overview, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the wheatgrass powder market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the wheatgrass powder market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this wheatgrass powder market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.