Weight management is a regulatory procedure which is tough for both: a two-legged and a four-legged. Malnutrition and obesity are the two issues which are the resultants of a pet owner not being properly educated about the proper canine nutrition. Susceptibility to diseases, hair loss, dry skin, dandruff, poor eyesight, weak bones, and teeth, as well as the risk of developing arthritis, are some of the numerous symptoms of malnutrition in pets. On the other hand, developing respiratory and heart disease, osteoarthritis, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and many forms of cancers – especially intra-abdominal are the common disorders experienced by an obese two-legged. The weight of pets is regulated by the standardization of calorie intake. The amount of calorie that your pet requires depend on two factors namely the activity level and weight. Active pets require more energy. Furthermore, lactating pets naturally need more energy to produce milk. The weight of the pet also relates to its body size and a large body would need more energy than a smaller one.
The global weight management food market can be segmented on the basis of the following:-
- On the basis of pet type: dogs and cats
- On the basis of food form: dry, frozen, raw, treats and wet.
- On the basis of the additional special diets: GMO-free, gluten-free, grain-free, high-protein, indoor, low glycemic, low-protein, no corn no wheat no soy, prescription food, sensitive digestion, vegetarian and weight control.
- On the basis of life stage: adult, all stages kitten, puppy and senior.
- On the basis of breed size: all breeds, extra small, giant, large, medium and small.
- On the basis of packaging: cans, pouches, paper bags and trays.
- The distribution channel: internet market, hypermarkets, supermarkets, retail shops, exclusive pet shops and others. The internet market is the most potential of them all as the buyers present there is already looking for something special for their pets.
Global Market Drivers and Drivers
Controlling the weight of the pets and to deal with the issues associated with it has been the prime focus of the pet owners for a long time now which in turn has turned the market for pet foods in terms of volume to be huge and spreading all over the globe. Weight management pet food market is anticipated to rise primly because of the modern-day aware population which demand for healthy food for their pets. Also, introduction of e-commerce web sites, exclusively for the pet care products have given the small players to showcase their weight management products globally.
This has created a global demand for weight management pet foods products. Humanization of pet foods have created a buzz in last few years. Brands have put in a lot of options other than the conventional pet foods like no added preservatives or 100% natural. Brands are putting more efforts to manufacture pet foods which has an adequate conglomeration of all the essential nutrients including complex carbohydrates, proteins and added L-carnitine to help the body burn more fat and sustain lean muscle mass. Continuous efforts have also been made to change the trend of packaging of the pet food products so as to support the brand identity and mainly backed by the idea of majority equating the brand product quality with its packaging quality.
E-commerce accounts for a large chunk in the sale of weight management pet food market. Northern America and Europe at present are the principal producers as well as consumers. Asia-Pacific & Japan are the next big consumers of weight management pet food market. High growth in the Asia Pacific region in terms of weight management pet food market can be attributed to the strong demand from emerging economies such as China and India.
The major players who are driving the weight management pet food market are Fromm Family Foods LLC, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc, The Nutro Comapany, Purina ( a part of Nestle group) ,THENAKEDDOG, Dr Tim’s Pet Food Company, Blue Buffalo Co.Ltd, Precise Pet Products and others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.