Web Application Firewalls Market: Introduction
Web application firewalls can be either network-based or host-based and is typically deployed through a proxy and placed in front of one or more web applications. In real time or near-real time, web application firewall monitors traffic before it reaches the web application, analyzing all requests using a rule base to filter out potentially harmful traffic or traffic patterns. Web application firewalls are a common security control used by enterprises to protect web applications against zero-day exploits, impersonation and known vulnerabilities and attackers.
Cloud implementation of web application firewalls are useful when the services a business wishes to protect are not hosted in a facility it controls. These are also great for a minimal touch implementation, because they basically only require a domain name system (DNS) change to start working. The traditional implementation of web application firewalls is still a good option, and that is by deploying an appliance on an organization's network, usually between its web application and the users accessing it. There is another kind of deployment, an integrated web application firewall that would live either within the application itself or on the IT infrastructure along with the application.
Web Application Firewalls Market: Drivers and Challenges
Few of the major driving factors of web application firewalls market are growing dependency on the internet by various industry verticals and concerns regarding security and cyber theft. Companies are investing heavily on either deploying web application firewall on-premise or on cloud in order to keep track of the data that is being shared inter-organizations. In addition to this, many companies are facing issues regarding cyber-attacks to hack into their system which is another driving factor of the web application firewalls market.
Web Application Firewalls Market: Segmentation
Segmentation on the basis of deployment:
Segmentation on the basis of enterprise:
- Large scale Enterprises
Segmentation on the basis of vertical:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Government & Defense
- Energy & Utilities
Web Application Firewalls Market: Key Market Players
Few of the companies in Web Application Firewalls market are: Dell SonicWall, Amazon Web Services, Qualys, Inc., ModSecurity, Citrix Systems, Inc., Akamai Technologies, Inc., Cloudflare, Inc., Imperva, Inc., F5 Networks, Inc. and Barracuda Networks, Inc.. These companies are focused towards innovating and enhancing their existing solutions in order to increase their market share in web application firewalls market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.