Weathering Steel Market: Introduction
- Weathering steel refers to a high strength low alloy steel that, under normal atmospheric pressure, provides a greater resistance to rusting compared to typical low carbon steel grades. This steel typically has less than 0.3% carbon by weight, which allows it to remain tough and ductile.
- Weathering steel finds wide application in utilities, sign pole, highway guardrails, structures, and bridges. It offers enhanced safety by eliminating the need for a protective paint system and a long life span and reduces overall lifecycle costs.
Key Drivers & Restrains of Global Weathering Steel Market
- Increase in demand for steel material for bridge construction is expected to drive the weathering steel market during the forecast period. Weathering steel offers long life span, improved corrosion resistant, and low maintenance features, which make it an ideal material for use in bridge construction application.
- Surge in capital expenditure on infrastructure development due to strong economic growth and rise in population in both developing and developed countries are anticipated to propel the global weathering steel market. Weathering steel exhibits attractive appearance and has long shelf life, which will further boost market growth. However, use of weathering steel in areas where concentrations of corrosive chemicals or industrial fumes is high could impact its properties. This factor is expected to restrain the global weathering steel market during the forecast period.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Weathering Steel Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Building & Construction Application Segment to Hold Major Share of Global Market
- The global weathering steel market can be segmented based on type, form, application, and region
- Based on application, the global weathering steel market can be divided into building & construction, architecture, industrial, transportation, and others. Building & construction segment is anticipated to witness significant growth during the forecast period. The extraordinary appeal of weathering steel is driving its adoption in outdoor and architectural constructions.
- In terms of type, the global weathering steel market can be divided into Corten A, Corten B, and others. Corten B is one of the most extensively used weather steel due to its high toughness and superior strength.
- On the basis of form, the global weathering steel market can be classified into sheet, plates, bars, and others. Plates is one of the most extensively used form of weathering steel. They are suitable for sulfur rich and high temperature environment to enhance metal life. Weathering steel plates find wide application in heavy-duty transport, railway rolling stock, and shipping containers.
North America Anticipated to Dominate Global Weathering Steel Market
- In terms of region, the global weathering steel market can be divided into: Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- The weathering steel market in North America is projected to witness rapid growth during the forecast period. This growth of the market can be attributed to the rise in construction activities, which has resulted in high demand for attractive appearance of building. Moreover, weathering steel offers minimal maintenance requirement of infrastructure in various industries which will propel market growth.
- The weathering steel market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to increase in investments in infrastructure development such as road & rail networks and bridges primarily in developed and developing economies such as Japan, South Korea, India, and China
- The weathering steel market in Europe is projected to witness growth during the forecast period due to increase in investments in the development of electrical infrastructures. Weathering steel offers anti-corrosive properties, which will make its adoption viable across the region.
- The weathering steel market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to grow at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Weathering Steel Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Global Weathering Steel Market
Leading companies operating in the global weathering steel market include:
- United States Steel Corporation
- Arcelor Mittal
- Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
- Tata Steel
- HBIS GROUP
- Masteel UK
- A. Zahner Company
- Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation
- CASCADIA METAL.
Global Weathering Steel Market: Research Scope
Global Weathering Steel Market, by Type
Global Weathering Steel Market, by Form
Global Weathering Steel Market, by Application
- Building & Construction
Global Weathering Steel Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.